1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 years ago today....Game Six

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Oct 25, 2006.

1. I thought the movie was kinda weak, but the scenes involving Game 6 itself were incredibly tense - even though you knew exactly what was going to happen.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Hadn't seen the movie but I just came across this review.

I stopped reading after the last bolded line.

http://www.litkicks.com/BeatPages/msg.jsp?what=GameSix

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FH,
    That's hilarious.

Me, I know a LOT about hockey and I can tell you that Jacques Plante played his ass for the Leafs when they won the Cup in '67.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

John Candeleria!!! HAHA!! That must have been one well-researched book that dork wrote.

The sucky thing about growing up (or at least growing older :D), observing your once-favorite team first-hand and realizing the people that run it are reprehensible pieces of crap is that it dullens the power of moments like these and gives you a perspective that makes it difficult to view this for what it was 20 years ago: A gift that was as unimaginable as it was miraclously welcome.

The concept of my favorite team losing to the Red Sox was too awful to comprehend. I was crying as the Mets moved within a strike of defeat, sick to my stomach over the thought of an entire school of frontrunning Sox fans mocking me Monday morning. How could a team win 108 games and lose the World Series?

Then this happened, and I was still crying. Unreal.

5. Now you're talking!
    (Remember I am a lifelong devotee of les Habitants.)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're a schizo, FB.

How can you be a Red Sox fan and a Canadiens fan?

Let's see.

You live in Boston but your last name is Beliveau.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Scully call was fantastic. Of course, he is fantastic period. Too bad he's off national TV.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I wish Scully was in the booth this year instead of Joe Buck.

9. KP

KP Active Member

Or he lives in Montreal and his last name is Sullivan (or Kennedy).

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wish my dog was in the booth this year instead of Joe Buck...

And McNamara deserves far more blame than Schiraldi, et al... They made the mistakes, but he put them in that position

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Until recent over-hype, I always had a soft spot for the Red Sox. I remember the end of that game coming to me in waves ... you've got to be shitting me, YOU'VE got to be SHITTING me, YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!

I was pissed. I really disliked that Mets team.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gee... why?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted