1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 years ago: 15 plays, 98 yards.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jan 12, 2007.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Posting a stupid-ass comment like that on a thread commemorating the 20th anniversary of a very, very memorable moment in NFL history ... talk about needing to get over it and get a life.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When I watched the NFL Films version of it last week, I noticed Bill Cowher was an assistant coach for the Browns then.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

But the pen is blue!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Care to buy a vowel?

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Disastrous luck, you say. Wrong, wronger, wrongest.

Maybe the Fumble was disastrous luck.

I sat in the bone-numbing cold in Kansas City and watched him fuck up a perfectly good 13-3 season with a terrible 10-7 loss to Indianapolis. I wasn't at the divisional round game against Denver two years later, but I watched. Another 13-3 season down the tubes with a 14-10 loss. You do not go 5-12 in the playoffs because of bad luck. You do it because you have no earthly idea how to win playoff games. San Diego is learning what Cleveland and KC know all too well. And when San Diego's season is done on Sunday night, they, too will know.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I've always liked Marty, but 12 losses in 17 postseason games speaks enough. That's not bad luck, that's a deficiency.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Three missed chippee FGs

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You go 5-12, in his case because:

1. Most teams you lose to are flat-out better than yours

2. Missing easy FGs, fumbles bouncing the wrong way

3. Yes, probably a coaching mistake or two.

Schottenheimer is a great coach.

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

i still insist karlis' field goal in OT after the drive was wide.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A conservative, asshole puckering game plan and the insistence on sticking with Elvis Grbac had just as much to do with the Indy loss as Lin Elliott's wild foot.

And you're right.. he's a good coach. In the regular season. When he's 5-13 in the postseason on Sunday night, what excuse will you come up with then?

12. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

For the record, I would just like to state regarding the 20th anniversary of the drive:

FUCK!

Thank you. That is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted