1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 U of I Trustees Out; Bring Back The Chief!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Aug 4, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0804byrneaug04,0,4650928.story

I love Dennis Byrne's point about this. It is time to bring back the Chief now that some of those who voted him out are gone themselves.

He's right -- Returning the Chief would be a step toward putting an end to PC on campus.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hell yah!! Maybe the Cleveland Browns could put this guy on their sideline too!!!

[​IMG]

Because if there's any racist or semi-racist symbol anywhere we can drag out of the closet that will make someone laugh, we should do it in the name of "putting an end to PC!!" That'll show them, we're so intent on "putting an end to PC," we don't give a fuck who we offend!!!

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Then again Starman, there is the extreme of people who are *so* PC, that they have PC terms for *every* generically referred-to occupation on the planet.

They use PC at all times, ad nausea. I have been exposed to people like that and if you ask me, they stopped living with the rest of us in "real life" a long time ago and are in danger of becoming caricatures of themselves, worthy of nothing more than laughter from their fellow man (I have seen that happen).

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The Chief's best moment was being tackled by a Mizzou fan at halftime of the basketball game in St. Louis.... I think it was 2002.

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Definition of PC: Anything a wingnut doesn't like.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bring back the chief? Please.

Illinois fans ... I hate Illinois fans.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I am hardly a wingnut and can't stand PC....

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would so want that jersey

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Define PC.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

(BLUE FONT) PC: Something liberals came up with to piss off conservatives... lol

BRING BACK THE CHIEF!

Draft saved Draft deleted