1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 truths and a lie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mine was OJ. He was actually sitting behind me at a basketball game. One of my friends called me during the game and said, "I can see you on TV, OJ Simpson is sitting behind you..."

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oh, what the hell.

1. I once had a very popular male star in a very popular youth-oriented TV show call my hotel room in Atlanta in the middle of the night and offer to do something to me that he assured me would be the best I ever had.

2. Despite not being all that bright, I scored extremely high on my entrance exams (35 on ACT and 1580 on SAT) - to the point where I even wondered if I'd cheated. Good thing, because my grades blew (no pun intended, related to No. 1)

3. When the Jeopardy! contestant search came to my town, I scored well enough on the test to qualify but was not chosen because Alex Trebek didn't like the way I chuckled when answering one of the questions during the audition games.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. There's no such show as Joepardy!

4. Mizzougrad96

You know Mario Lopez?! :D

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

1. I was the victim of a prank-call by Roy D. Mercer

2. I once witnessed John Elway tell his wife to "shut the fuck up"

3. I caddied a practice round for Ernie Els at the 2000 Sprint International.

6. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

3 is the lie

1. I was naked on the floor of a frat house dining room

2. A ball player tried to get me to hook up with him midway through a season, after I had seen him in his towel frequently

3. I asked a question that sent Charles Barkley off and ranting

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. If No. 2 is true, I want to know the context.

9. Are you female?
    I think that's a fair question with regard to your first statement.

10. Mizzougrad96

If it was late in his career, I believe it...

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2 is true.

The day after he had his retirement press conference, him and Janet were at the Sprint International at Castle Pines.
    I was walking with a group of guys out to our cars, one of him kinda whispers....."Look....there's Elway"

So, I just real politely, real quietly go up and ask him if he would sign my Titleist golf hat.

Said "Sure thing".....as soon as someone sees Elway signing something, a throng of about 40 just engulf Elway......his wife Janet, (who is slobbering drunk at this point) starts yelling at the autograph seekers to leave them alone......on and on and on......he turns around, and tells her (quietly) mind you to "SHUT THE FUCK UP"

A couple seconds later, a limo comes up, and whisks them all away.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

1 is also true.

I was selling cars at the time. I get paged for a phone call, southern male voice on the other end says, "This here is Roy D. Mercer........Is this (my name)....I say "yessir"....he then says "well, then i'm fixing to come down there and whip your ass.....my wife Sharon Gene was in there looking for a Ford Taurus, and she said that all you wanted to do was show her your Probe.......slight nervous laughter......he says "How bigga boy are you anyway?".....I tell him 6'1 and 240......"well, that ain't nothing for me to whip your ass then....."

Year or so later, a cousin of mine finally fessed up to getting me pranked.

Draft saved Draft deleted