1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 MSNBC.com Sports Jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Giggity

Giggity Member

Just a little healthy self-deprecation.

2. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

Do they have a team in New York that handles sports as well (I'm guessing they must)? I saw the opening in sports and was interested, but I wouldn't want to move from NY to Wash. State. I know that their news Web sites are primarily designed/maintained in NY and DC, any idea on sports?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As far as I know, everything for sports is done in Seattle. I've never worked with an MSNBC.com editor located elsewhere, at least.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

C'mon, it's the freaking Internet. You should be able to copy-edit from Dogpatch.

5. dmtt61d

dmtt61d New Member

MSNBC actually does have a few sports editors left in the New York area, a few holdovers from the now defunct NBCSports.com that's been folded into MSNBC.com (the whole thing is now called NBCSports.com). I wouldn't count on seeing any new editors hired in New York though.

Draft saved Draft deleted