1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$2.46 !!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The price per gallon of gas I found last night. For the first time in years, the price is actually lower than it was one year ago. (I remember rushing to fill up with $2.49 the night after Katrina before the price spiked.)

Just in time for the congressional campaigns.

Well, so much for the $4 a gallon gas predicted last month by this time.

UPDATE: Went down a penny.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Re: $2.47 !!!

Your avatar continues to scar me. Every time I see ol' Johnny Wang over there, it takes me back to that early morning OTR's-wife-looks-at-the-PC-at-the-wrong-time incident.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Alright, I fixed it.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

$2.29 in my neck of the woods, bitches.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The summer rape is over . . .

. . . and any speculators who were climbing up the tape, trying to provoke the $80/gal spike, can eat shit,
    for the time being.

Enjoy it, while it lasts.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

$2.47? Fucking awesome! Consume, baby, consume!

Excuse me while I write thank you note to OPEC, the big oil companies, George W. Bush and the state of Texas.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Bless you, Foosball Baht.... Bless you.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You sound so disappointed.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's a welcome sight that the price is creeping back down, but two things still scare/piss me off:
    1) It's annoying as hell that I'm getting excited about gas at $2.50 a gallon. We live in the greatest country in the world. I don't ask much from my government, except to keep people from blowing me up on my daily commute and to keep gas at a reasonable price. You're 0-for-2 there, Dubya.
    2) There's still the lingering feeling that we're one Ahminadjad (still can't spell that fucker's name) rant away from a 25- or 50-cent price hike. I can see it now:
    Waiter at Tehran Starbucks: Here's your latte grande, Mr. President.
    Ahmenidjad: Latte!? I ordered a cappucino, you western capitalist pig! Off with your head! And cut off the flow of oil to the U.S.! If I'm paying $5 for a cup of coffee, they're paying $5 for a gallon of gas! Ha Ha!

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I can't believe we're celebrating "cheap" $2.47 gas.

11. Re: $2.47 !!!

As a representative of the great state of Texas and a neigbor of Exxon/Mobil corporate...we send you a warm your welcome.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How regularly are you blown up on your commute? Daily? Only one way? Do you do sports for the Falluja Herald?

I haven't been overseas for a little while admittedly, but which country has better gas prices than we do?

Draft saved Draft deleted