1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2/3 of college kids have "sexted"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I went to college in the wrong era, fellas.

http://news.yahoo.com/nearly-80-college-students-sexts-175802494.html

Surprised it's this high, as I read this morning in Esquire that a quarter of college students are virgins. Though I guess that number probably changes dramatically depending on what time of the year the poll is taken. No pun intended.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've sexted, but not with college kids.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it's this low.

4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I'm only two years removed from college and have never done it but this doesn't surprise me. It's the new cyber sex basically. Before chat rooms and instant messaging was where kids chatted and thus cyber sexed. Now texting is the way they communicate so sexting is done. I was a little ahead of the texting craze. When I was in high school few people had cells so AIM was the big thing. I've cybered a hand full (pun intended) of times.

5. Dick Whitman

Guess it depends on what you define as "sexting."

If your wife texts, "Can't wait until you get home tonight. Wink, wink!" Is that sexting? I don't think it is, but I can see where it would count, I suppose.

6. Dick Whitman

Um, congrats?

Have no idea how guys pull it off. Probably about a 99 percent chance it was another dude on the end of the modem.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, I wouldn't consider that sexting and I'm still surprised it is that low

8. Dick Whitman

I think you'd be surprised how many goody-goodies there are on a college campus. I was shocked when I got to college how many people didn't drink. I didn't have a sip in high school and always felt like a weird outcast because of it. Made up for it pretty quickly, unfortunately, but was really surprised that it was normal not to drink in college. Probably pretty normal not to have sex, as well.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where in the hell did you go to college?

10. Dick Whitman

I'm telling you, there's a lot of them. More than you think. You just don't run into them.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thank god

12. Dick Whitman

Like I said, 1/4 of all college students are virgins. Obviously they are out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted