1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

15 seconds from a beat down. Phew.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ra-Goetz!

BTW, onions! How many here would've done that?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Except I don't carry a gun and I'm not really as batshit as I seem.

While I was standing toe-to-toe with this guy yelling, my mind was racing. You know that feeling where your heart is pounding and you know you are going to have no choice but to fight? I actually thought about throwing the first punch, so I could at least get in one shot before taking my beating. I was glad I didn't when I saw those cops.

This guy was really big anyhow. I couldn't have hurt him without maybe surprising him by kicking him in the nuts. My guess is he was 6-5 or 6-6 and close to 300. I'm about 5-10, 165.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

"Onions" is right. Nice work.

4. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Rags, never, ever throw the first punch.

Knee to the groin, then a boot to the stomach and very, very quick exit. Don't wait around for him to get up.

That would be a very rookie mistake.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ragu, there's no such thing as dirty fighting. When he's that much bigger you gotta do what you gotta do. No one remembers how you beat someone. They'll just remember that cement head got whooped by a toothpick.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I can't believe some guy would do that in front of children?!?! Not that it's right to do it in front of a single woman, but ... still.
    Good job Ragu.

Are you available to bodyguard the next time me and the girls go out to a bar and some 6-foot-6 doofus tries pulling a similar-type act?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ragu, will you marry me?

Seriously, that's a really awesome thing to do.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

And that woman WILLLLLLLLLLLL ALWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS LOVE RAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

[​IMG]

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap! she won the bet!!!! :D :D :D

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

What bet?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think Ragu is enough older than me to not count in the contest as being my age.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Even more shocking!

Draft saved Draft deleted