1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 Songs You Should Never Play In A Bar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's a recent thing. They picked it up from the fans.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I've never heard that.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's not too recent. Every time Radio Margaritaville has a concert replay (the library seems to go back 11 years or so), the backup singers do that.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not to get all spnited on it, but since my first show was 1983 so 10 or 11 years is "recent" in Buffett years to me. ;D

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The writer needs to take another listen to the lyrics. It is NOT about having sex in a car. It's about lots of kissing and heavy petting in car. But when it comes to actually engaging in sexual intercourse, she says "Stop right there. I need to know right now.... " (and we all know the rest of the lyrics leading up to the "let me sleep on it"
    The "praying for the end of time part" indicates the act took place, but everything up until then is the make-out and the begging to go through with it.

6. Naming some of these songs and not The Electric Slide or that other song that goes "clap, clap, clap, clap ... slide to your left, slide to your right" is a crime.

Those songs should not be retired, they must be exterminated. And thank God the Macarena is all but dead.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Had to make the top ten:

Cotton Eyed Joe

I mean, come the fuck on.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

That list is 84 kinds of awesome.

Of the many lines that cracked me up, this was my favorite:

Followed closely by "Anything by the Beatles."

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

All I know is Pall and I are playing--nay, singing--Walk at SportsJournalists.com Outing '09: Baltimore.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same year for me as well.

But that's one of the reasons I dislike that song.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I've always heard it as: the salt, the salt... the goddam salt

12. pallister

pallister Guest

"Can't ya see I'm easily bothered by persistence, (BYH joins in) one step from lashing out at you ...

Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me!"

Draft saved Draft deleted