1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12-year-old rape victin taken "through hell" by defense lawyer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Slut-shaming a 12-year-old:

“I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing.”... “I have also been informed that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body. Also that she exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her way.”

And, who can believe a 12-year-old anyway, especially when they come from a family like this:

children in early adolescence “tend to exaggerate or romanticize sexual experiences,” especially when they come from “disorganized families, such as the complainant.”

But, hey, the strategy worked, and it's worth a laugh when a rapist passes a lie detector test:

“He took a lie detector test. I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,”

http://thebea.st/1lQ08Jx

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Nice trolling.

3. YankeeFan

Yeah.

We should only talk about white college co-eds who are upset by how the system treats them.

Slut shaming a 12-yesr-old from a bad home is fine, and worthy of a chuckle.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

We know the reason why you started this thread. And it was not to have an an earnest discussion of slut shaming issues.

5. YankeeFan

OK.

So, why didn't anyone else start it?

Is this not a topic worth discussing?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's not worth discussing until we get the answers to all the Monica questions she must answer.

7. YankeeFan

I think we can compartmentalize and seek answers to both topics.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah ... Comprehensive is the ONLY way to go ...

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Young DA does job.

Film at 11.

10. YankeeFan

Blaming a 12-year-old victim is how you do your job?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Polygraphs weren't exactly accurate, or I believe even admissible, in 1975.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not going to vote for Hillary now, thanks to this nearly 40 year old case in which the victim said she doesn't remember much about it. I guess I'll vote for the GOP's religious fascist CEO candidate who doesn't know the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.