1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12 y.o. stripper gets club 30 day suspension

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, May 20, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

There have been plenty of young-runaway situations in which the parents have done everything possible to prevent it. Sometimes, you have a spoiled kid who thinks rules are for everyone else but them. And running away is their version of a temper tantrum.

It's assuming a lot to lay fault at the mother's feet.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When the kid is 17, maybe.
    Not at 12.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can drink at 18 on a military ID.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yup.

Had a friend who joined the Army right out of high school. He came home one weekend when we were both 18 or 19 and he bought me a beer with his military ID at a restaurant we went to.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Now that's funny ...

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Are you sure about that? Hell, I was married to a 33-year-old at age 20 AND had a military ID and absolutely no one would serve me. Of course, that was 17 years ago.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And Shotty, I've got to agree with Hondo on this one. If the girl is running away at 12 and allowing herself to be coerced into stripping, the parents HAVE to take at least some of the blame on this.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to agree with Hondo; generally, whatever comes out of a 12-year-old is what the parents put in.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Whew. I don't think any of you attribute enough self-determination to a 12-year-old girl. Especially one who apparently has, uh, matured early.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Did you two meet when you were in middle school?

[/poindexter]

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, I used the 12-year-old examples of my sisters, two nieces and a couple of others to kind of gauge that level of self-determination. And while that's a pretty small sample size, I can say with some confidence that they weren't doing those kinds of things, and part of the reason is because of the parenting they were provided.

Parenting isn't a be-all end-all or even an absolute lock of good behavior, but it does start there.

Draft saved Draft deleted