1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12/11 Two and a Half Men

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Dec 11, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ace, I hate to agree with Big Dog on anything, but this show is meant to be over-the-top farce. It's not realistic. Never has been.

And Charlie's mother refusing to leave the bedroom was very much in character for her.

The gag with Kandi at the piano, however, got old very fast.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Every song Kandi sang, I laughed louder. I might still be if she was still doing it.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I agree, the Mrs. and I laughed each time she started another song.

However, my favorite line of the episode: Charlie saying "This story ends with the phrase 'And then he turned the gun on himself'".

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I missed it.
    Aren't Alan and Kandi divorced? What was she doing back there?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

She was lonely. Her boyfriend decided to spend Christmas with his wife and kids. She showed up at the door.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Did she ever? She is quite eye-popping.

I, for another vote, loved Kandi's Christmas caroling, all while she repeated "Heart and Soul" at the piano. Dum-de-dum de dum de dum de dum "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells..."

But Charlie's "getting laid" song should become an instant classic. This is the funniest show on TV. If you don't think so, we can't help you.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Her boyfriend still the lawyer who sued Alan in both his divorces?
    And did she and Alan, um, you know?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Alan ended up, you know, with an older woman - someone his mother knew.
    And the last line of the show was:
    "So let me get this straight. We're going to have sex to piss my mother off?"
    "Yes."
    "I'm okay with that."

9. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Most of the episode made me smile. But what made me laugh was the maid and the stalker neighbor Rose talking about what was going to happen in "act two" and the "shocking twist in act three" which is kind of how I think it happens at the writers table.

And Kandi in that dress...Hubba hubba

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn, I missed that last little scene. Hate when I do that. Thanks for posting the details.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a smartass, but the line was actually funnier. (from the best of my memory):

"So let me get this straight, we're going to have sex to piss off my mother?"
    "Yes, does that bother you?"
    "No, it makes it hotter."

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Instant classic. Ranks right up there with the second-season show where one of Charlie's old flames got a sex change. And the third-season show where Evelyn makes Jake dinner... The bit where she says "No, Jake, that's wasabi..." is roll on the floor funny.

This show just keeps getting better.

Draft saved Draft deleted