1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11/22/63

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Nov 22, 2006.

1. The Zapruder film got snapped up almost immediately by Time-Life, which stuck it in a vault and, eventually, played some silly games with the order of the frames in LIFE so as to match it up with the findings of the Warren Commission. Eventually, though, some second-and-third generation bootlegs started to emerge from god knows where and people took them around to college campuses, jump-starting the controversy again. I don't know who first officially showed it on TV, though.
    And, as far as I know, the Orville Nix footage, from the other side of Dealey, has never been shown.
    Paging Mr. Gee, Mr. Michael Gee?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So today is your birthday?

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I was under the impression that Zapruder didn't get shown on video until '78, when the House was investigating the assassination.

There were video-still photos shown in Life magazine, but that was it.

Or was the account in "JFK" correct about Jim Garrison showing the video at the New Orleans trial?

4. 85bears

85bears Member

Huxley was out of his mind on LSD as he died - had to be a hell of a way to go. Planned out that way, I believe.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, I was born at 1:24 p.m. on November 22, 1982.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I was in second grade and our principal called an assembly in the gym. She wept as she told us, "President Kennedy has been assassinated." I remember turning to my little classmate and asking, "What's assassinated?"

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Happy 24th Birthday.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Kenny Rogers and Wilt Chamberlain, here. Happy b'day, Spup.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

When I was in college, it was also taught that November 22 was the launch of CNN nationally, but looking at wikipedia, it shows June 1, 1980 as being the day they began broadcasting. Damn textbooks. I thought it was always destiny that I was in the news business.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Is this the film that only really shows the aftermath?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh let's not throw that number out there. As Jessica Simpson would say, "I'm almost 25 which is almost in the mid-20s."

12. Don't know, mv.
    Like I said, as far as I know, the full Nix footage has never been shown.

Draft saved Draft deleted