1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11-22-63: Who You Got?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Nov 21, 2011.

?

Who killed JFK?

1. Oswald acted alone

31 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Government (LBJ, CIA, Hoover, etc.)

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Chicago mob

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Cubans/Russians

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Slight tangent, does anyone think we'll ever find out the actual truth?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sure. The actual truth is hiding right behind the unicorn.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Right after we learn all about Area 51.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there's some stuff that can be released only after Caroline dies. I doubt there's anything there (at least that we'll see...).

So to answer your question... No... :D

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

JFK loved that movie. Thought it was fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, pretty much my thoughts. But threw it out there for discussion.

8. Mizzougrad96

Granted, I'm a history buff/geek, but JFK is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Joe Kennedy had him murdered for fear that his proclivities would bring down the family dynasty. If he goes down to a madman's bullets, his place in history is secured and even enhanced. Oswald was willing to take the rap so he could have his 15 minutes of fame, but got cold feet, so Joe sent loyal thug corporal Jack Ruby in to take care of that loose end. A few years later, Bobby gets a little too mouthy and tries to use the information to blackmail his way out from under Joe's thumb. In comes Sirhan Sirhan, adding fuel to the fire set by MLK's assassination (probably unrelated). Joe then decides to get proactive, dopes up Teddy's Chivas and soda, finds a Jane Doe in the morgue of a Kennedy-friendly Boston hospital to take the place of the original Mary Jo Kopechne (real name Barbara Evans, granddaughter of a secretary at Joe's film company) and let what comes naturally. Teddy won't be talking, if he knows what's good for him.

That stroke in 1961? Stroke of genius, more like. Who the hell would suspect him? Put on a show when politicians or media come snooping around. He eventually clued Rose in on everything and made plans for her to continue his work prior to his death (controlled overdose of barbituates and whisky).

Jack Junior? That was Rose's idea. She learned quickly.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

What's your favorite book on the subject? I'm looking to read one or two.

11. I read the same thing from a fellow named Bonar Menigner.. After the first shot the SS agent stood up to see what happened. The driver stopped suddenly and the rifle went off striking Kennedy in the head.

Menigner claims the ammo from the SS agents returned that day was one bullet short. He ID'd the agent who allegedly fired the shot.

12. Mizzougrad96

Breach of Trust was great. Oswald and the CIA is another.

The other one that isn't non-fiction, but is great is Libra by Don DeLillo.

Draft saved Draft deleted