1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10th Anniversary Edition set of Sports Night coming to DVD!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

(cough, overrated, cough)

2. Yeah, and that was the speech that put me off the show, and nearly off Sorkin, forever. It's chickenshit. He proposed an interesting problem -- why is there only one accepted position in our national dialogue on the topic of how goddamn stupid our marijuana laws are? -- and then he pulls dead-brother-ex-machina and the guy apologizes. Cowardly and wrong.
    Of a piece with all those reasonable Republicans he concocted for TWW. (Emily Proctor, as always, excepted.)

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Even though he seems to come back to the same old plot devices (poker games come to mind), I still love the guy's writing.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have agreed with you when it first aired, but I can't watch the show anymore. The characters Casey and Dana ruin it for me.

And I don't know if I'd call Sabrina Lloyd hot, but she might be the cutest woman ever to appear on television.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Kayla Blake, who played Kim the production-room seductress, anyone?

IJAG, smart move not breaking the plastic on your set. Guess I did so too soon, eh? Loved that show.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Count me in that camp, folks.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why did he have to make a point? It's a fucking TV show. He had the West Wing pulpit to preach from.

I loved that episode. It gave us a glimpse of how screwed up Dan was and why. It was written well and it was delivered better.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... And yet, has anyone seen that actor since? I haven't.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh, he's been in lots of stuff. He's a character actor though, so he tends to blend in, like most of the really good ones.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001038/

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have always hearted Josh Charles.

11. Screw you guys. A great, great, great show and probably the only one that I'll buy the DVD a second time just to have the anniversary edition.
    And Natalie was so much hotter than Dana it isn't even funny.

12. jps

jps Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted