1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

100th Grey Cup on today....Argos vs Stamps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One award that should have been handed out after the game to Cummings: worst performance of the Canadian anthem - by a Canadian!

Awful game, Stamps never even showed up.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen the anthem sung as if it were being played by a one-man lounge act at the Holiday Inn before. What was up with the drum machine??

As to folks saying he got the words wrong, I honestly think he was singing the words we learned in elementary school before they were changed for the current 'official' version.

I gotta say, based on the comments I've been seeing I expected worse. :D

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

@Beef

Pedophile?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He was arrested in Regina for inappropriate touching of his 16 year old babysitter. The family didn't want to press charges. As it turns out he had taken to much of a prescription med and was almost incoherent. Pedophile is quite a strong term for it.

5. Iron_chet

Right, had sort of fogotten about that.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the day after the Grey Cup. Toronto Mayor Ford is booted from office.
    Dumbest mayor ever.

Twitter is having a field day.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Huggy Jr. immediately caught the apparent lyric snafu and we discussed a bit here. While the crowd was going with the official version, Burton was still kicking it old school.

And I can say from personal experience, HC sings the French version way better than Burton and his Bontempi.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Will leave him more time to go to the Argos parade.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I have a hard time considering Eric Tillman a pedophile. Although when I see other people getting 10-20 year sentences for the same stuff he was accused of, I'm not at ease with that, either.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Link one story from Canada that someone got that kind of jail time for what Tillman was accused of

11. Iron_chet

FWIW the story I had heard at the time from someone close to the Rider's organization was that the baby sitter bent over to put on her shoes and Tillman goosed her, more as a joke than as a perv play. I don't know either way and I would never goose a teenage babysitter but not sure he should be tagged a pedophile.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

He absolutely should not. He put his thumbs through her belt loops, for Christ's sake.

Draft saved Draft deleted