1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

100th Grey Cup on today....Argos vs Stamps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wish this didn't fall on US Thanksgiving weekend every year because this is an event I've always wanted to see in person once.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Gordon Lightfoot is also at halftime.

Burton Cummings, accompanied by his trusty Bontempi organ, performs an, uh, interesting version of O Canada. I'll let HC weigh in on the technical merits - or lack thereof - of Cummings's performance.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What, no Honeymoon Suite or Loverboy or Moxie?

Actually, how about a repeat performance by Trooper.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Missed it. Will have to wait until it's YouTubed.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Argos up 24-6 at half.

Trust me, Cummings was beyond awful.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The CFL still exists?

(runs away)

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Calgary looks flat as can be, nothing like the team that played the last two weeks in wins over Saskatchewan and BC. Toronto, on the other hand, looks awfully impressive after an early Ricky Ray interception.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

CFL games are cool. Been to a few, including a Grey Cup quite a few years ago that turned out to be an awesome game.

Thing about a Grey Cup is, like a Super Bowl, there are a ton of non-football related activities going on, so you either embrace or endure that part.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Gord Lightfoot did a modified version of his monumental song "The Canadian RailwayT rilogy" --the second Canadian anthem

Gord's looking very frail and his voice isn't what it used to be but God bless him for showing up

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Better run hard and fast. The Mounties have your number :)

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

For a country that is not that large by population (around 35 mil, IIRC), Canada has turned out some noteworthy musical performers over the years.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Didn't realize Scott Milanovich was coaching in Toronto until tonight. Did he ever play in Canada? Otherwise, how did he get such a plum job up there?

Been a fan of his since college. Pretty sure he used to toss passes to Geroy Simon all day long at Maryland. Had a bit of a gambling habit that got him in trouble here, too, but was a hell of a QB back in the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted