1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Least Scary Horror Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bully is one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I think the creators of the "Halloween" franchise envisioned the series going in a direction where each movie would stand alone (Something I also heard once about "24," but that's another thread). If III didn't suck, maybe they would have continued down that path.

And looking at the ad at the bottom of this page, I suspect "Zombie Strippers," might be a candidate for this list soon, too. :D

3. roxraidersfan

roxraidersfan Member

I'd have to throw a couple out there.

"Killer Klowns from outer space" -- I know, I know, some people fear clowns but the rest of us have grown up.

Others: 1408
    Maniac Cop I, II and III
    Shocker
    Deadly Friend
    AND
    Poltergeist III

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, real quick before work, I'll throw at least one out there.

The Fog (remake) - You had a chance to remake something that could have used a touch-up and they fucked it all up to hell and back. Nothing was scary in that movie. NOTHING!

Also, I also wasn't impressed with The Exorcist but like bigpern and a few others I saw it well past its original release date.

Another one on there: Terror Train - what ... the ... fuck.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Agreed, though, it was nice to find out what happened to the marble-mouthed kid from KIDS.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that when The Exorcist was released, there were stories of people getting up and running out of the theater to go throw up.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It really is. What's disturbing is knowing how many dumb-ass, rudderless kids like that there are out there.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Terror Train has been running on Fox Movie Channel a lot the last couple months. I agree, it's really, really dumb and not scary.
    But as a kid? Man, that mask the killer wears at the end creeped me out:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I noticed the American remake of 'Pulse' on the list and the American remake of 'Dark Water' got an honrable mention.
    Both were terrible.
    I thought the American remakes of 'The Grudge' and 'The Ring' were good, but overall American attempts to remake Japanese horror movies fail miserably.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But Jerry! You know I'm afraid of clowns!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I watched Ju-On shortly after watching The Grudge. Ju-On freaked me out more than the American version.

Same thing with The Ring.

Draft saved Draft deleted