1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 killed in suburban Cleveland school shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Not true. Their buddy said they both died virgins.

One of them spent his final journal entries complaining about how he couldn't get laid.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There's a big difference between being virgins and "not socializing with girls."

Eric, the sociopath, had somewhat regular dates, and at one point he even picked up a 23-year-old at the mall when he was 16. He wasn't afraid to take a lot of rejections to get a few yes's.

Dylan, the depressive, was too shy to ask girls out regularly and he was upset about it. But two days before the shooting, he went to prom with his friend Robyn Anderson, a fairly nice-looking, reasonably popular, straight-A student. They told people they were going as friends, but were seen committing PDA and such that night. They went with five other couples in a limo to the prom.

Attempts to paint the pair as hopeless, friendless loners who were driven to the edge by their unpopularity and inability to have a normal social life is part of the myth of the tragedy.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This guy had a girlfriend though (not saying sex was included) so not like he was totally anti-social.

Bullying sucks. My 7th grader is going through a tough phase right now where after a Friday night dance where he finally got the nerve to slow dance with the girl he likes on the last dance, the next Mon. his supposed buddies are making fun of him and others are working on the girl who eventually says enough and says she doesn't like him. Well it then escalates with his supposed best friend faking an email account and conversing with my boy. Luckily my boy mentions it to us and we realize that its a fake email. Sucks because my boy is a very sensitive kid who is idealistic and has a hard time fathoming that people will do the wrong thing. The whole reason for this is because the "friend" really liked the girl for himself. Oh well, I tell my boy this is part of the "forging" process and he's got to learn from this, you cannot control others but you can control how you react. Believe me, I've been telling him to ignore things all his life.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's also a difference between being bullied and being popular/normal. I don't subscribe to either myth.

The Virginia Tech kid was so painfully clumsy with the fairer sex his most focused attempts left them creeped out.

A boy is going to get his ass kicked from time to time, especially if he is just assertive enough. It's part of the deal.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Britwit - Are you saying gay people enjoy being raped? Cause that might be the most absurd thing I've ever read around here.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Sorry... should've used the blue font throughout. I was just taking the whole celebration of prison rape thing to its triumphantly absurd conclusion.

But if our prisons are indeed filled with convicts who can roam the hallways, raping and ravaging at will, is jail really that tough a punishment (...particularly if you were convicted of rape in the first place?)

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So it's just a matter of it feels good to know the bad guys are suffering?

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Shooter sentenced today. Had scrawled "KILLER" on the T-Shirt he wore under his shirt for court. Flipped off judge and victims' families. Sorry Ohio didn't sentence this piece of garbage to a death sentence. He acts like he could have been the perfect candidate for it -- regardless of his age.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"The hand that pulls the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory,"--

http://www.freep.com/article/20130319/NEWS07/130319058/ohio-high-school-shooting-teen-sentenced

The boys in Cellblock A will soon come to find out that he enjoys masturbating, and that should keep him plenty busy.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Problem is, Chef2, it almost sounds like most people would regret being in the situation you describe under those conditions. This piece of garbage sounds like he would be looking forward to it and/or actually enjoy it....No Joke. I want this piece of garbage fried. I won't get my request because Ohio won't execute him. But he is one killer who should die for his crime. No doubt.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Don't disagree one bit.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sportsjournalists.com: Where the majority are definitely against the death penalty.

Unless the killer is particularly odious.

Draft saved Draft deleted