1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roll call

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Feeling nostalgic as I approach the seventh anniversary of the job interview that led to my move to the Pacific Northwest, I dug up the thread that chronicled part of my drive. Reading it reminded me of how much fun this place could be, and seeing names from long ago put a smile on my face.

The blog that hosted the photos I posted here doesn't exist anymore, so the photos are no longer on the thread. Still, I have such great memories of taking them on my old BlackBerry and posting them here at SJ.

I wonder how many people who posted on the thread still visit here from time to time. Here they are, in order of appearance:

dooley_womack1, SoCalDude, PCLoadLetter, 93Devil, PaperDoll, imjustagirl, The Big Ragu, Football_Bat, slappy4428, SixToe, RedSmithClone, waterytart, 21, Lugnuts, finishthehat, Ace, WolvEagle, Care Bear, Piotr Rasputin, Wallace, Michael_ Gee, Bob Cook, Dyno, lono, Inky_Wretch, JackS, Baron Scicluna, Magic In The Night, ADodgen, Jesus_Muscatel, wicked, Det. Jimmy McNulty, KYSportsWriter, Huggy, dixiehack, murphyc, micropolitan guy, TrooperBari, Batman, JR, statrat, I Should Coco, fishwrapper, Sam Mills 51, Gutter, mustangj17, HC, Gold, Buck and airbag2929.

Anyway, a long-overdue followup thank you to those who helped make the trip more enjoyable, and who have reminded me of fun times here on the board. Hope all are well. Check in you should happen to find your way here, and thanks again. The Pacific Northwest is even more beautiful to me than when I first settled in way back when.

Follow-along-with-JD-on-his-trek-to-the-Pacific-Northwest running thread

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Well JR doesn't come by much anymore but he's still AOK and grumpy as always. :)

cranberry and Huggy like this.
  3. Johnny Dangerously

Hi, HC! :) And please say hi to JR for me!

HC likes this.
  4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I think those in bold are still somewhat regular, though Ace has been AWOL recently. I wasn't around much at that time due to career outside the business, so I'll need to read the thread and imagine the pictures. I'm hoping for something Blue Highways-esque, but with fewer hollers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Liut likes this.
  5. Johnny Dangerously

Thanks, Donny. And when you imagine the pictures, please try to imagine them in focus (which may not have been the case in reality).

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Last September, around my birthday, I went back to the Pacific Northwest for the first time since leaving there in 2005. My god, it was more beautiful than I remembered, and the hike outside Tillamook to the point above the ocean ... heaven. I did the hike down to the beach in '04.

I will retire somewhere along the coast.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm still around, but hardly ever post. Good to hear from you, JD.

Johnny Dangerously and Liut like this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am still here, one of a few repping Canuckistan!

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Enjoyed skimming through that thread, including seeing the old SJ.com handles. You can have the drive through Texas, though.;)

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of the unbolded characters left because of me. I surely didn't want a single person to do that.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We have to do another Linfield FB game, JD. Hopefully on a day it isn't raining cats and dogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted