Author Topic: Telly Savalas  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Gold

Re: Telly Savalas
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
Telly Savalas was already bald by around 1960. He played a bad father in a Twilight Zone episode, who doesn't like his daughter's Talking Tina doll. It did not end well for Telly Savalas, if memory serves me correctly.

Offline Football_Bat

• You missed
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »
Telly Savalas was already bald by around 1960. He played a bad father in a Twilight Zone episode, who doesn't like his daughter's Talking Tina doll. It did not end well for Telly Savalas, if memory serves me correctly.

According to Wikipedia, he shaved his head for his role as Pontius Pilate in The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965), and decided to remain shaved for the remainder of his life. I don't think he was ever naturally bald.
"[F_B] has a larger-paper sophistication that translates nicely in a smaller market. His topic selection was mature, his writing quick and unlittered." ó Bill Dwyre, L.A. Times
___

Proud member of Knights of the Vagina & The Moddy Hall of Fame :)
__

"The square root of 69 is 8-something." ó Drizzy

Online Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!

• "Mom," he says. He pauses. "Someone tea-bagged me.
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »

"If Jesus Christ were to show up with His old baseball glove, some guys wouldn't vote for Him. He dropped the cross three times, didn't He?"
Dick Young

Offline cranberry

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »

Stavros had enough hair for both of them on Kojak.

Offline dooley_womack1

• Just as good a spring
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »
Did he steal Marty Allen's look, or did Marty Allen steal his?
"If she has a shiny fleur-de-lis on her ass, you may not even have to buy her dinner."--Freqposter

I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed.

"Bubbler: 'Dick Whitman: Stop Reading Slate' "--Bubbler

Offline DanOregon

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »
Marty Allen another member of the DNKHWSA Club.
ďThere has always been a struggle between Art and Commerce and now Iím telling you, Art is getting its ass kicked and itís making us mean and itís making us bitchy. And itís making us cheap punks. Thatís not who we are."
- Wes Mendell, Studio 60, shortly before he is fired.

Offline dooley_womack1

• Just as good a spring
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
Ygster, you get off DanOregon's sign-on this second!
"If she has a shiny fleur-de-lis on her ass, you may not even have to buy her dinner."--Freqposter

I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed.

"Bubbler: 'Dick Whitman: Stop Reading Slate' "--Bubbler

Offline Gold

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »

According to Wikipedia, he shaved his head for his role as Pontius Pilate in The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965), and decided to remain shaved for the remainder of his life. I don't think he was ever naturally bald.

He showed signs of baldness in that 1960 Twilight Zone episode, if I remember correctly. He wasn't completely bald, but you could see the signs.