1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Telly Savalas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 25, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Unlike Kevin Spacey who would have banged Mena Suvari had she not been a virgin.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree. Look at the casts of Bones, House, Big Bang, NCIS El Paso, Harrisburgh and SDPD. About 75% are topping out right now. They would jump at the chance, I would guess, for a $25,000 payday and a free trip to Hawaii or wherever it's filmed.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But of course, Charity would be the "big" winner.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

If memory serves, they used to film it at Pepperdine University. I'd never heard of Pepperdine but I loved the name.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Great post, Devil. That was a fun 10 minutes spent. What a surprisingly enjoyable thread this has become, 70s cheese never disappoints.

BTW, another thing you'll see:

Bruce Jenner back when he was viewed as perhaps the world's pre-eminent superstud instead of a surgically mutated freakazoid prop in Kardashian show.

6. DanOregon

Always ended with the tug of war.

BOBBY HEDGES!!!!

7. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Gabe Kaplan was always the best.

Conrad, still a prick.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Great stuff. Two more thoughts:

1. The Fawcett-Carter locker room dynamic was offset by the presence of horse face Penny Marshall, unfortunately.

2. Gotta love Robert "Epstein" Heyges totally screwing up the breaking the tape shot by getting his giant Jew-fro in the way.

Another BOTNS clip (not sure if it's the same year). Skip ahead to about 3:15 to see Lynda Carter pour champagne on Cosell's toupee. He doesn't take it very well:

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was terrific.

It also linked to a fun clip of Heather Locklear and Heather Thomas with bathing suits in a dunk tank.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you squint just right, the guy who offs the TV anchor could be Damone's dad -- fast-forward to about 8:45 when he's talking to the mustachioed hunk.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

At 5:57 Conrad goes all in and Gabe calls him in an instant.

12. DanOregon

The funny thing is, the thing needed "takes it way too seriously guy" to make it work, and Conrad filled that role superbly.
    Everyone else is just out there having a smoke, doing god knows what in the trailers between events and trying to compete for screen time.

Draft saved Draft deleted