Author Topic: (Strauss)-KAAAAAAAAAHN!  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Point of Order

• Roll Tide for America
Re: (Strauss)-KAAAAAAAAAHN!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 09:13:32 PM »
Should he go on trial for attacking the French writer, Strauss-Kahn is requesting the trial be moved to Orlando.

I'm sure Jeff Ashton thinks he could get a conviction.
Therefore, I am correct and you are wrong.

Offline YankeeFan

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 06:55:57 AM »
Bloomberg must have caught a lot of crap from DSK's friends at cocktail parties recently:

French critics who angrily denounced the US justice system for subjecting former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn to a humiliating "perp walk" found an unlikely ally yesterday: Mayor Bloomberg.

Reversing his position of just seven weeks ago, the mayor denounced as "outrageous" and a "circus" the long-standing practice of marching criminal suspects before photographers and TV cameras when they are transported from station houses to courthouses.

"I've always thought perp walks were outrageous," Bloomberg said yesterday, when asked about Strauss-Kahn's walk of shame following his arrest on charges of sexually assaulting a hotel maid. "That's only my view."

http://m.nypost.com/;s=jR9B1cPMb_lrefblzy3G605/f/mobile/news/local/mike_now_balks_on_perp_walks_w7hSiTGARdGJfCIT8eRYnL
I've now been told Cracky McCrackhead has dedicated his sig to me. I'm touched.

Offline YankeeFan

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »
Well, if this isn't the best spin I've ever heard on cheating:

DSK confessed to his wife he "had" a trio of lovers as he blew off steam before the French presidential race, according to an unnamed friend of spouse Anne Sinclair, who was quoted in Le Point magazine.

"So, it wasn't just one for the road before the presidential campaign," Sinclair's friend said. "It was three."

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/lovers_in_nyc_weekend_j7eI5ySB3QQvYepm55Z3JM

"Honey, I wasn't cheating, I was just blowing off some steam before the presidential race."

Offline Football_Bat

• You missed
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
He did it because he loves his country so much!
"[F_B] has a larger-paper sophistication that translates nicely in a smaller market. His topic selection was mature, his writing quick and unlittered." — Bill Dwyre, L.A. Times
___

Proud member of Knights of the Vagina & The Moddy Hall of Fame :)
__

"The square root of 69 is 8-something." — Drizzy

Offline waterytart

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »

What's sauce for the newt is sauce for the salamander?
We've got Moses, Groucho and Joey Ramone.  How wrong can we be? -- my husband

Online LongTimeListener

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2011, 08:06:24 PM »
Well, if this isn't the best spin I've ever heard on cheating:

DSK confessed to his wife he "had" a trio of lovers as he blew off steam before the French presidential race, according to an unnamed friend of spouse Anne Sinclair, who was quoted in Le Point magazine.

"So, it wasn't just one for the road before the presidential campaign," Sinclair's friend said. "It was three."

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/lovers_in_nyc_weekend_j7eI5ySB3QQvYepm55Z3JM

"Honey, I wasn't cheating, I was just blowing off some steam before the presidential race."

That would have won him the election, especially if they were at the same time.

Offline YankeeFan

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »
Newsweek gets the first interview with the maid:

“Hello? Housekeeping.”

The maid hovered in the suite’s large living room, just inside the entrance. The 32-year-old Guinean, an employee of the Sofitel hotel, had been told by a room-service waiter that room 2806 was now free for cleaning, “Hello? Housekeeping,” the maid called out again. No reply. The door to the bedroom, to her left, was open, and she could see part of the bed. She glanced around the living room for luggage, saw none. “Hello? Housekeeping.” Then a naked man with white hair suddenly appeared, as if out of nowhere.

That’s how Nafissatou Diallo describes the start of the explosive incident on Saturday, May 14, that would forever change her life—and that of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund and, until that moment, the man tipped to be the next president of France. Now the woman known universally as the “DSK maid” has broken her public silence for the first time, talking for more than three hours with NEWSWEEK at the office of her attorneys, Thompson Wigdor, on New York City’s Fifth Avenue.

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/07/24/dsk-maid-tells-of-her-alleged-rape-by-strauss-kahn-exclusive.html

Offline YankeeFan

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »
She's also spoken with ABC News.

Offline Boom_70

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2011, 04:30:21 AM »
The Diallo clan has had a rough time in NYC

Offline heyabbott

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

What's sauce for the newt is sauce for the salamander? gingrich?

edited for the slow and uninformed
“If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention”

"Don't use my name in your article, I want to protect my animosity."

Offline Football_Bat

• You missed
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »

What's sauce for the newt is sauce for the salamander? gingrich?

edited for the slow and uninformed

Speak for yourself, Yab. :)
"[F_B] has a larger-paper sophistication that translates nicely in a smaller market. His topic selection was mature, his writing quick and unlittered." — Bill Dwyre, L.A. Times
___

__

Offline YankeeFan

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2011, 06:25:14 AM »
Gloria Allred alert:

The lawyer for a maid accusing Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault called one of his ex-mistresses and asked if he ever got violent during the affair and if she was forced to have an abortion, the woman revealed in an extensive interview.

"The questions were truly salacious, surgical. He proposed that I meet his client. I refused," DSK's ex-lover, identified as Marie-Victorine M., told the Swiss magazine L'illustré.
Ken Thompson, who represents DSK accuser Nafissatou Diallo, spoke to the woman for 45 minutes with her lawyer, Gloria Allred, on the line.

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/news/international/get_off_dsk_case_qMGurOuPIme02d70kQYGlM

Offline YankeeFan

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »
Sounds like the Times is worried about moles:

In a new issue of the Times’ “Inside the Newsroom” email newsletter, which is sent to subscribers, Metropolitan Editor Carolyn Ryan describes how she tried to keep a lid on the Times’ June 30 story that the sexual assault case against Dominique Strauss-Kahn was falling apart. “To avoid tipping off our competitors, especially our ferocious tabloid rivals, I told Bill [Keller, executive editor] I was not including the story on our daily news budget, which is widely distributed around the building and to our news service clients. I also did not talk about the story at our 4 p.m. news meeting, when the senior editors gather to select stories for Page 1.” Ryan also includes a detail that surely will be noted in debates about the costs of original reporting vs. aggregation: “Our West Africa bureau chief, Adam Nossiter, traveled from our foreign bureau in Senegal to her home [in Guinea], 10 hours over rutted roads from the capital city of Conakry, to talk to relatives and people who knew [the accuser] growing up."

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/romenesko/141360/times-kept-strauss-kahn-story-off-story-budget-to-avoid-tipping-off-competitors/

Offline Beaker

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
Breaking on CNN: French prosecutors charge Strauss-Kahn with, that's right, "aggravated pimping."

Offline Bubbler

• Last Of The Independents
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »

"I am aggravated ... bitches don't have my money!"
The cerebral musicality of jazz mixed with the visceral groove of funk.

You came here with a mouse in a bottle and now you're the mouse.

You're wrong my Bubby. I don't know ass. My degree is in journalism with a minor in hard knocks, not assology.

Offline dooley_womack1

• Just as good a spring
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
It ain't easy being a pimp.

"If she has a shiny fleur-de-lis on her ass, you may not even have to buy her dinner."--Freqposter

I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed.

"Bubbler: 'Dick Whitman: Stop Reading Slate' "--Bubbler

Offline Football_Bat

• You missed
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
Aggravated pimping is using the front of the hand.
___

__