Author Topic: Redskins get No. 2 pick.....  (Read 4157 times)

Offline FootballScribe

Re: Redskins get No. 2 pick.....
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
I don't even understand what the basis of the conversation is? All I was saying is that teams aren't going to determine whether they choose a QB or not based on his conference affiliation.

And for the record, if you want to put Bradford on the list, you should include another B12 QB in Josh Freeman as well.

I was attempting to agree with you. If you look at the qb/conference dsitribution, you'd think the ACC was the equal of the Big 10.

QB is so idiosyncratic that the matrix to determine whether a college QB would be an effective pro QB is so diverse that no single factor is determinitive.

Given Romo, Flacco and Fitzgerald, I'd bet there would be  several Linsanity stories in the NFL if teams would open their minds a bit more.

Gotcha. My bad. I agree with your post.

Offline Gehrig

« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
I was thinking about the possibility of the Redskins signing Wallace or Jackson next season.  I'm just curious, will they be able to afford one of them?  Don't they have a 18 million penalty next season? 
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. "

Muhammad Ali

Offline 93Devil

« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
I don't even understand what the basis of the conversation is? All I was saying is that teams aren't going to determine whether they choose a QB or not based on his conference affiliation.

And for the record, if you want to put Bradford on the list, you should include another B12 QB in Josh Freeman as well.

I was attempting to agree with you. If you look at the qb/conference dsitribution, you'd think the ACC was the equal of the Big 10.

QB is so idiosyncratic that the matrix to determine whether a college QB would be an effective pro QB is so diverse that no single factor is determinitive.

Given Romo, Flacco and Fitzgerald, I'd bet there would be  several Linsanity stories in the NFL if teams would open their minds a bit more.

You mean tether your franchise to a mediocre QB?
"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time." -- Vince Lombardi

Offline heyabbott

« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »

Given Romo, Flacco and Fitzgerald, I'd bet there would be  several Linsanity stories in the NFL if teams would open their minds a bit more.

You mean tether your franchise to a mediocre QB?
He may be a mediocre QB, he may better better than average or even a 6-10 QB. He's better than Grossman, he's as much of a gamble and cheaper than Matt Flynn and  Orton. That was the choice the Redskins faced. The only way it's a disaster is if the Redskins finish as one of the 5 worst teams in each of the next 2 years. Giving up 2 top 5 picks is too great a price.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:26:42 PM by heyabbott »
“If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention”

"Don't use my name in your article, I want to protect my animosity."

Offline wicked

« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
Teams were told repeatedly by the NFL they couldn't try to game the uncapped year by reworking deals so that all the money was guaranteed in the uncapped year. The Cowboys and Redskins did it anyway.

I don't remember hearing a peep about this at the time. Why wouldn't the NFL have wanted this leaked back then?