1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily think that was an explanation because they were still trying to figure everything out when it all went to hell. They couldn't say for sure, IIRC, that it was a virus that caused the outbreak.

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I'll try to carve out some time to re-watch that episode,as I haven't seen it since my original viewing. I just seem to remember Jenner saying it was a virus and that the CDC and organizations around the world (I think France was specifically mentioned) were working on a cure before losing contact. And, the Atlanta survivors all tested positive for....whatever it is the reanimates the brain stem.

And it is an explanation in the strictest since and really all that's needed. If you recall, in Night of the Living Dead, a news cast makes a throwaway comment about a probe to Venus (I think) crashing before talking about the zombie outbreak. The viewer can decide if that's what caused it or not. It serves a purpose without having to spell it out. The season 1 finale essentially said "this is it and we can never go back to what was."

As an aside, did you know that Robert Kirkman sold Walking Dead to Image under the premise that it was a setup for an alien invasion? In 2002, zombies were not a successful thing (Max Brooks' works hadn't come out yet). After a few issues when the aliens weren't introduced or at least foreshadowed, one of the higher-ups asked Kirkman if they were ever going to show up only to be told the aliens were a ruse but the title was a hit, so....

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Season 5 Trailer released today at Comic Con

WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM&list=PLP63B9XPsQt0KiUz3ffyiS1tpDywWraPF&index=6

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

SQQQQQQUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/08/walking-dead-uncensored-scene_n_5663023.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

It's just one word, but it is still worth watching the uncensored version of the final scene of last season.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Awesome.

7. spikechiquet

Andrew Lincoln talked about that take on Talking Dead. Glad they used it in the bluRay

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bad Lip Reading has a new Walking Dead video with an EPIC music section from Carl.

9. spikechiquet

Sick flow. Word.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Now all the walkers sing!

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://tvline.com/2014/09/27/the-walking-dead-spinoff-cast-characters/

Just now seeing this, though it's from Saturday. We're introduced to six characters in the spinoff show, which could be a prequel of sorts.

12. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted