1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Caught the premier, and am watching it the second time through.

Anyone else watching?

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

KY: I will be... I DVR'd it. It is worth my time? I'm a fanboi looser of the genre.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It is indeed worth your time. The second half of the 90-minutes is spec-freaking-tacular.

4. Mira

Mira Member

I loved it. The gore reminded me of Quenten Tarantino with his Kill Bill movies. The acting and plot were really good. I'll be watching it weekly, for sure.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw a few minutes here and there. I don't really like the genre, but I've heard for years how great the comic book is. The Steelers' performance last night was frightening enough for me. Unfortunatley, both were on at the same time.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

watched it. will watch again next sunday.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I thought it was awesome. I will definitely be tuning in next week at 10 a.m.

I know zombies have been used a lot and some people just aren't into it, but I've got to say this show seems more about the people trying to survive.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I liked it but wondering about the long-term viability. Didn't read the graphic novels so not sure how it maintained itself.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, it has been going on for a long time, so there has to be plenty of material to work with. Part of it has been an ever-changing cast. Finding new survivors as others get killed off. New people means new storylines. I just wonder if they will have the guts to kill off meaningful characters if the show becomes a hit.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I watched it and didn't care for it much. I will however give it a chance because the AMC series are generally pretty good.

My question? How can a bunch of stupid zombies take over the world?

The only thing I can see is maybe a world wide shortage of bullets. . . they aren't that smart.

Seems like one guy can take out an awful lot of zombies on his own. Four guys with machine guns would have taken care of that Atlanta crowd pretty easily.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do Zombies survive if there is no food?
    If food is available, and they can do fine without, it why do they need it?
    If they are so hungry, how do they manage to just bite and infect so many people instead of eating them down to their knuckles?

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I enjoyed it. I thought it went by pretty quickly considering it was 1:30 long. It definitely kept my interest even though I've read the first 50 issues of the series. I thought it was really well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted