1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Guardians of the 69 Plymouth Galaxy or something like that.

Best movie of the summer. Total blast.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that was an advanced screening. I was going to wait to see it on DVD, but a buddy of mine loves the comics it is based on and got a group of us together to see it tomorrow night. Looks like fun.

Also, the after credits scene leaked online. Should be a good WTF moment when people see who is in it.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sharknado2, because, Sharknado.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I watched Stripes last night, too (or early this morning, if that's what you prefer). I, too, watched the credits and was surprised to see Bill Paxton as "Soldier."

I googled and found this video on Yahoo!

https://movies.yahoo.com/video/role-recall-bill-paxton-stripes-231810206.html

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Great find, OT! Are we strange for watching credits and googling people? BTW, I really like Paxton. I believe it's in "Aliens" when he goes into his "game over, man! Game over!" rant that kicks ass.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Watched "Heaven is for Real" tonight... enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I felt the same way. It was a pretty good film. I expected a preachy God movie, but it's far from that.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Planes: Fire and Rescue."

Kid loved it, which is what matters.

"The Conjuring."

I had high hopes, and it disappointed about as much as a film can disappoint. Haunted house movie by numbers, with a frustrating number of loose ends left on the cutting-room floor.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Is it appropriate for kids under 10? I think it sounds like a good family film, but I don't want to scare the shit out of my kids.

10. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Very appropriate for kids. Good family movie.

11. 13 Assassins
    Not bad... First Japanese movie I have watched in ... ever?
    It was pretty good. The action is a far cry from American movies, but the last battle was about 30 minutes long. Again, nothing great or grand, but OK.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That scene is the funniest scene in a thriller ever!! "I don't know if you're keeping track of current events, but we just got our asses kicked out there...." Man I love that scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted