1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Means the Bears are getting to the Super Bowl in a few years with Trestman as HC.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

@ESPNNFL 4m

11/23/2000 - Tom Brady makes his NFL debut. Lions beat Patriots 34-9

11/23/2014 - Patriots beat Lions 34-9

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's the fourth game this year the Browns have played that has been decided in the last 5 seconds. They had another where they score the winning touchdown with a minute left.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Broncos have decided to run the ball no matter what. That's pretty close to throwing a game, since they can't.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

First off, welcome to Wisconsin next week. It's been a few years since I worked in that state but I'm back in GB quite often. It's pretty much the stadium..and that's it.

Depending on how cold the day will be, the tailgating can be a good time before the game. I won't say the cuisine is that noteworthy outside of Lambeau. All of the "beer gardens" to the west and east of the stadium will be packed. Lambeau is unusual in that it's a stadium square in the middle of a neighborhood with ranch-style and split-level homes. Watch out for drunks -- they're everywhere for a 3:25 or 7:30 game. It's especially bad in Wisconsin.

It's also not Arizona or Dallas. The parking lot won't be full of "6"s.

With the renovation of Lambeau ten years ago, the stadium is most impressive now, especially in the suites. Gorge yourself on bratwursts and brownies. That's the good life.

One logistical element of note. Where will you park? I ask because, if you have to get somewhere in a hurry after the game, it can be a pickle. I'd say wait an hour in the suite, if you can, and then leave. That way you'll also avoid many of the drunks once they drive away.

As for the NFC, I see the Packers as "the" team to win it unless San Francisco or, to a lesser extent, Seattle makes an appearance. The 49ers are a terrible matchup for Green Bay as they have real trouble with mobile QBs. Saints shouldn't concern the Packers in the playoffs.

6. Michael_ Gee

Miami is kicking the snot out of Denver's defense. Frankly, the Broncos look no better than they did last week.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bucs fall to 2-9, keep hope alive ... If Saints lose tomorrow night, Tampa is still only two games back.

Can we get a 6-10 playoff team?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cutler proven more Winner-y than McCown for all eternity. No takebacks.

9. LongTimeListener

Point, Rick.

Brian Hoyer can knock 'em both out.

10. LongTimeListener

The Redskins and 49ers leave a combined five timeouts on the board as neither team seems all that interested in breaking a 7-7 tie. The 49ers had the ball at their 40 with about 1:30 left, the Redskins got a sack, and they just both decided to get in and regroup, I guess.

EDIT: And then after all that, the 49ers let the clock run to :11, go for it on fourth down -- and Crabtree gets a 20-yard leaping grab to set up a field goal.

Very odd clock management.

11. Michael_ Gee

Miami now leads 21-10, as they have moved ball at will on Broncos, who so far do not look like a playoff team, let alone a division champ. That's a team facing a crisis at halftime. Man, Kansas City must regret Thursday night even more.

12. Michael_ Gee

On the other hand, the knowledge he has to score every time he gets the ball seems to perk up Peyton considerably.

Draft saved Draft deleted