1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 18, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

On to Week 12.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jay Gruden:

“Just from Robert’s perspective – you take everybody else out of the picture – Robert had some fundamental flaws. He did,” Gruden said Monday afternoon. “His footwork was below average. He took three-step drops when he should have taken five. He took a one-step drop when he should have taken three on a couple of occasions. That can’t happen. He stepped up when he didn’t have to step up, stepped into pressure, he read the wrong side of the field a couple of times. So, from his basic performance just critiquing Robert, it was not even close to being good enough to what we expect from that quarterback position.”

Damn.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/11/17/jay-gruden-troubled-by-ongoing-fundamental-flaws-displayed-by-robert-griffin-iii/

Oh, and:

“Robert needs to understand he needs to worry about himself, No. 1, and not everybody else,” Gruden said. “It’s his job to worry about his position, his footwork, his fundamentals, his reads, his progressions, his job at the quarterback position. It’s my job to worry about everybody else. And yes, everybody else needs to improve. There’s no question about it. But it’s not his place. His place is to talk about himself, and he knows that. He just elaborated a little bit too much, and he’ll learn from it.”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/11/17/jay-gruden-robert-griffin-iii-needs-to-worry-about-himself-not-everybody-else/

RGIII, meanwhile, is very upset that when he said the great quarterbacks don't play well if their teammates don't play well, people stupidly took that to mean he was saying his teammates didn't play well.

Robert Griffin IIIVerified account
    ‏@RGIII
    It's unfortunate that anyone would take a piece of my press conference & say I threw my teammates under the bus. These men are my family

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Lazy post! Rule violator!

4. RecoveringJournalist

Wanted to get the thread started before we got a cutesy thread title.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fuck that franchise.
    The RG3-13 thing is getting really fun to watch.

6. RecoveringJournalist

I'll bet they play the Niners close.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't know man, I am thinking about gambling on that game.
    They played in Week 12 of last year and San Francisco blew them off the field.

8. RecoveringJournalist

The Niners barely beat the Giants in a game where Eli threw five picks. I don't know if they're capable of blowing any team off the field.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

But, that was also the dreaded west coast to east coast game where they are playing at 10am their time. That's been the recipe for a lot of losses, regardless of opponent, over the years.

At home, with the Skins coming their way, I could definitely see a thumping.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Some of the more interesting games:

Detroit at New England: 2nd straight road tester for the Lions that could leave them looking up at the Packers.

Cardinals try to keep the winning ways going in a very tough spot: at Seattle.

Cowboys try to use the bye to their advantage, but won't be surprised to see their game against the Giants be a shootout, last one with the ball wins.

Two teams quickly and suddenly going the opposite direction in Browns and Falcons?

And no way the Saints can lose 3 in a row at home, right?

11. RecoveringJournalist

The Browns cut Ben Tate.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He will be in Indy by sundown, with Blount soon to follow.

Draft saved Draft deleted