1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Classic Jets start for MNF. Geno throws a pick 6 off screen in first series

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

High risk, low-reward move given the potential for Harrison to do something angry and stupid. I wouldn't have been surprised by them taking the risk if it was for a player with more to contribute.

Keisel looked like he could still play last season and he has certainly shown it so far this year. Harrison looked like a guy with nothing left in the tank when he was with the Bengals. I just hope they don't ask him to play much. Moats and Worilds are fine as starters. The big issue is the complete lack of depth.

3. Yeah and given Sunday night.. I think they'll need him. Just a body to plug in and spell Moats and Worlds, and Sylvester.
    I'll be stunned if he starts a game (injuries not withstanding).

4. The Rob Bironas story is getting weird.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/22/rob-bironas-911-call-mean-look-and-tried-to-run-her-off-the-road-before-kickers-fatal-crash/

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I dislike the Bears as much as anyone, but that personal foul call on the Jets touchdown was just an awful call.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Antonio Allen is awful, and Rex Ryan can't win without good corners.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Let's see, the Bears can't run the ball, have lost about six or seven players from their secondary ... and they're 2-1. Never a doubt. ;)

Bring on the Pack!

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Last night was the 3rd Jets night game which I have attended, and each time I am just amazed by the level of drunkeness of the a significant portion of the fans. I can't believe that these fans could possibly be watching the game.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The way that The Jets play on national night games perhaps they
    believe it's best they don't remember.

I've given up on Jet night games. I would rather watch the ensuing
    calamity from home and not deal with 2 hour traffic jam departure.
    Just not worth the hassle.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

And you know what's crazy is that for all the well-deserved reputation New Orleans has for being a party-hearty, go-crazy, get-your-ass-in-trouble city, I have rarely seen any serious trouble with drunken hooliganism at Saints games at the Superdome. I usually go to at least one game a year, and I've never had a bad experience.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Reilly did a nice job with the story about Jets WR David Nelson and his brothers and their foundation in Haiti.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11571689

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And weirder ...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/09/23/students-say-rob-bironas-chased-threatened/16096649/?sf31485046=%5B%22%5B%271%27%5D%22%5D

Draft saved Draft deleted