1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Murray still hasn't made it through a full season. It's only Week 8, and they're riding him until he drops. That very well could be sooner rather than later. Could this be the year he finally holds together? Sure, but it is no sure thing.

2. sostartled

sostartled Member

I don't really like either matchup, but I'd go with Ryan. With Detroit, you could possibly get a shootout. With Baltimore, chances of one are low and they've been really hot the last few weeks (I should know; I have them as my DEF).

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Matt Ryan or Russel Wilson?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Russell Wilson has been the second best QB in fantasy this year. No brainer.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Detroit is allowing 15 ppg, second-best in the NFL. There have been 0 shootouts involving the Lions this year. Their games have gone over the total once, maybe twice.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Ryan's on my bench, but I have Palmer.

I think the Lions will manhandle Ryan, but they also will probably be throwing a lot. I might lean toward Dalton if AJ Green plays.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I ultimately played Bell and it was a wash. I think Lacy scored 13 and Bell had 12.

This week my dilemma is the red-hot Russell Wilson against a lousy Carolina D, or the best fantasy QB in the league, Andrew Luck, against a tougher Pittsburgh D. I'm leaning toward Wilson since the Panthers are so crummy, but the West Coast team traveling East for a 1 p.m. start worries me.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Luck. It'd be insane to start anyone other than Luck.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not sure I'd say it's insane. Wilson outperformed Luck in two of the last three weeks against inferior defenses. That said, Luck hasn't scored fewer than 24 points in any start this season (that was against Philly's top-rated def), so he's certainly a safe play.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Pick two: Hillman, Mason, Sankey, S. Jackson, Bryce Brown.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'll take Hillman and Mason.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. If Megatron can go, he'll go in Mason's spot in the flex.

Draft saved Draft deleted