1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zoom and Government Meetings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Mar 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

States are catching the Zoom wave during coronavirus 2020 and streaming public meetings. Question for @Jeff or @Moderator1 or any other mod, can we update the page here to allow Zoom embed codes ASAP?

[​IMG]

2. Songbird

Are there any Zoom experts here who can answer technical questions?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do know that if you have 25 people in a meeting, nothing will really get accomplished.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My wife is on the BOD at a local credit union. They just zoomed their monthly meeting, took about 20-25 minutes. But no beer or dinner afterward. :(

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I understand if people are required to use Zoom for work or school, but not sure I'd want to go anywhere near it for personal use.

6. Songbird

That story is about Sneek and doesn't mention Zoom.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Stop using Zoom, mainly for its lack of respect for privacy. The company recently stopped collecting user data and sending it to Facebook after a story called them out. Now, the New York Attorney General's office is investigating them.

If you need a free video conferencing tool, use Jitsi.

Draft saved Draft deleted