1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zombieland, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 29, 2009.

1. I have seen the trailers and this looks like pretty neat. I like the concept - somebody called it an American version of Shawn of the Dead.
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Anyone?

2. KG

KG Active Member

Meh. I'm so sick of zombies. I've been stuck watching zombie movies for the past 14 years, and I just can't seem to find the love for zombies inside of me. The Resident Evil movies weren't the worst thing I've seen, so I have to give them that. Most other zombie movies are so b-rated that they drive me nuts.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this movie. It's gotta be better than Zombie Lake. :D

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. Zombies and vampires. Both have been done to death lately. (Yeah, I saw the bad pun after I wrote it. It's no worse than most of these movies).

I'm even more fed up with zombies as a comic book fan. Marvel Zombies was actually a wonderful concept and story until it got dragged out into four or five miniseries (I lost track). Now DC's big event is Blackest Night, though the walking dead aren't traditional zombies. And just for fun, Marvel has a similar crossover coming called Necrosha.

Shaun of the Dead was very funny. I'm just not sure why we needed another version of it.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it's going to be a disaster. The preview give me the feeling that something is just missing.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Woody Harrelson needs to work more.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah...Brains.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or never, ever, ever again.

One of the two.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In 'Zombieland's' favor, I enjoyed 'Shaun of the Dead.'
    On the downside, I have already seen 'Shaun of the Dead.'

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Speaking of zombies, this is one of my all-time favorite books:

[​IMG]

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Zombieland? I worked in that newsroom.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

John, I actually thought this movie was an adaptation of that book, or World War Z, but according to Wiki that's some other project.

FWIW, my friend went to a sneak preview of Zombieland a couple weeks ago and couldn't shut up about how funny and great it was. The trailers do look good, so I'll probably check it out this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted