1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zohan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wow.... went in with low expectations.

And, for whatever lock there is on my taste in comedy, this fucker unlocked it.

I haven't laughed myself so perilously close to demise since There's Something About Mary.

Loaded with great cameos.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smigel wrote it, so I figured I might like it better than some of Sandler's stuff.

I respect your opinion on movies, so I might have to see this one.

What Sandler films are your favorites, just out of curiosity?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Not many.

Happy Gilmore and Wedding Singer are the only straight comedies of his I find wholly enjoyable to watch.

Will say, the subject material is gonna flat-out piss off many of Middle Eastern descent, I would guess.

BTW, Emmanuelle Chriqui is simply incredible.

Won't give away the trove of cameos except to say, look out for Mrs. Garrett in a ....very.... whatchootalkinboutWillis? part

4. Billy Madison, no doubt.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Indeed.

6. I'd never heard of her, so I had to do a Google. I'll link this pic, which is mildly NSFW, but she does look pretty incredible.

http://noezbuckets.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/emmanuellechriqui.jpg

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

She's looked better on some episodes of "Entourage."

8. Simon_Cowbell

I first saw her in Wrong Turn with Eliza Dushku.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Going into this one, BM is third, but didn't quite capture my fancy as HG and TWS.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I paid to see that movie in the theater, yet don't remember her.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wow, this movie looks horrendous to me from the previews, and it's running 36 percent on rottentomatoes.com, but I guess I'll be open to the idea of being surprised.

And Simon, you're right, sometimes a certain movie just hits you in the right part of the funny bone.

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I think it looks funny as shit. And Sandler's best movies have been the ones that critics didn't like -- Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. Based on the previews, Zohan looks like it'll appeal to fans of those movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted