1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zodiac

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 1, 2007.

1. I dug it. Was no Fight Club, but was great in its own right.

One comment/question. I had a wierd experience in my theatre. During the scene at the lake, much of the crowd laughed as the Zodiac stabbed his victims. Not just during the somewhat witty pre-killing banter, but during the actual killing.

I wondered if people didn't realize this was real and though the discourse was supposed to lead to irony a la Pulp Fiction. Or if our society is so desensitized to violence that we now find true stories funny.

Did anybody else experience that?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I didn't have anybody laughing at inappropriate times in my theater, but the guy next to me stood up when it was over and said if he had known they never catch him he would have never watched the movie.

First off, how could you have not known the story, especially when this guy was old enough to have been in his teens when the murders occured. Second, I thought they way they created an ending to story about an unsolved case was brilliant.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

what an idiot. he's probably the same guy who didn't like "the perfect storm" because he didn't know they all die in the end. good grief.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I bet he thought Titanic was the best movie ever.

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Thanks, you gave me every reason to pass. Dark Brooding, depressing - it fits you.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just saw it... It was outstanding...

I thought it flew by, which is saying something since that with previews, it pushed three hours...

Definitely better than anything I saw last year...

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I went to see 'Black Snake Moan,' which was good but not as good as I was expecting.
    'Zodiac' is on deck for this weekend.
    I'm reviewing '300' tomorrow night.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They caught him.... he just Ken Lay-ed before he was arrested.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Oh.. I get it... he wore a black costume.... sort of Ted Danson as a serial killer, huh?

You fucking moron.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Just saw it...thought it was quite good...about as good as "The Departed" but the acting was better. They actually turned "Hurdy Gurdy Man" into a creepy-ass tune.
    I don't know how anyone could have laughed through the murders, they were creepy to watch...especially the stabbing.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Except that Jake can't act. Especially in this movie, where he has to go opposite two of the best actors of his generation. In the scenes with Downey in particular the difference in abilities really shows.

And as the dissapointing box office results show, Jake can't open a movie, either.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Based on my experience with this movie, I would guess that women are not watching this film.

Combination of Fincher's track record and this subject.

Draft saved Draft deleted