1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zito to Giants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Sacamano, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Jon Heyman reports 7 years 126 million bucks. Not bad for 16-10.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who'll be first with a link?

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What, is he too cheap to rent a moving van?

4. Kable

Kable Member

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Zito should do well in San Fran. The only question is, will they hit enough for him to win.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn site. I saw this one in time to post it first and the thing locked up on me. Ken Rosenthal is reporting the same thing on Fox Sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6312316

7. Kable

Kable Member

It's all good. I'll give you credit for posting it first. Anyway, they needed an ace to replace Schmidt, and they got their man. I think he'd been better going to the Mets though.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hah. Thanks, though Bob Sacamano deserves the kudos for the quick posting. Looks like this one broke about four different places at once (ESPN.com had it up, too).

The Mets and Zito could both live to regret this. The Giants are old and don't have much in the farm system, so they could be pretty bad very early into this deal.

The Mets needed pitching help and they didn't get it. And now backup plan Suppan is also off the market.

I wonder if this kills the talks about the Yankees trading Randy Johnson now that they can't spend the resources on Zito. It would leave them a bit thin in the rotation, even with Igawa signing a day before the posting deadline.

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I love Zito, but $18 million per? He is not worth that much to anybody. Not in the least bit surprised that he stayed on the West Coast, however.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

David Aldridge.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Give that man a kewpie doll!

12. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

damn, that's a lot of cash. i guess it means carlos zambrano will be worth $200 million.

Draft saved Draft deleted