1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zit fit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Even us old-timers get zits on occasion and I'm having a heck of a time with them. I've been using stridex pads and they seem to work but not as well as it did when I was a teen-ager. Perhaps some of the younger set out know of some other remedies that may work. I've noticed some informercials that come on late at night but I get the sense that they're trying to rip people off. All constructive advice is welcomed.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Pop it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

My brother has had some frustrating experiences with Proactiv. He said it works well but it dries your skin out and if you stop taking it, your face gets greasier/you're more susceptible to getting zits than you were in the first place. Do you use a face wash in the morning? I have a bottle of Neutrogena in the shower and it seems to do the trick.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And then go get the doc to prescribe Cleocin topical for your skin.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Guaranteed to work. I promise. 1) Log out of this site and throw your password into the garbage. 2) Then, toss your computer out the window. 3) Then, call up your ISP and cancel your internet service.

Do those three things, and I promise, your zit problem will clear up!!

Don't worry about thanking me, either. It's my pleasure.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't use a face wash. Perhaps that may do the trick. A female friend suggest that I might be having an allergic reaction to something. She asked if had done or consumed anything out of the ordinary. I told her "No" but she chimed in about my love of chocolate and that perhaps candy might be doing it.
    The pro-active stuff does interest me and thanks for telling me about the side effect. I'm not a big fan of stuff you see on infomercials. Those products never work well for me.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Coming from such an outstanding moderator such as yourself, I'll take it under advisement. Once again, you have shown yourself to be a credit to SportsJournalists.com. Do keep up the good work.

8. The Big Ragu

If there is anything I do know something about, it's an unwanted blemish.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

That sounds as if you're trying to make it personal Ragu. I hope that's not the case but I'm sure you'll chime in with Gene Banks or cornholing or some other simple simon stuff that you hope will incite the masses. I guess that's what is done in moderation. I'm just trying to find a constructive answer to a problem.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Slappy, I know that's the worst thing to do to a zit if it hasn't come to a head. Also, I recall when I was a teenager popping a zit and have a couple more come up around the same area.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

My girlfriend considers herself my acting dermatologist. It's awful.

12. The Big Ragu

My girlfriend considers herself my acting proctologist. It's even worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted