1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zimmerman trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Tough talk from a message board warrior.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

She seems like a good candidate to work in customer service at the DMV. A good eye
    roll and dismissiveness are traits they look for.

Who knew that this trial would be more of an indictment of the Florida
    school system than George Zimmerman.

3. Boom_70

Always tickles me when you try to be the arbiter of what's appropriate on this
    board.

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Wazzup, one-trick?

5. Boom_70

They don't call him "sports predictable" for nothing.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is why we have a jury system, those 12 are entrusted with judging the credibility of the witness, not those with their prejudices.

Hopefully, the jury will give the testimony the credibility it deserves.

As for the fact that she's "not smart", that's just wrong. Look around, who exactly is smart? You take the witnesses you find, independent of their intelligence.

The key is not how articulate they are (although sure it helps), but how plausible is the testimony? Does it corroborate other evidence or is corroborated?

Eyerolls? Not the best, but think about where she's coming from, she's not on the fast track to Harvard and certainly does not want to be poked and prodded by sharp attorneys and does not want to be put under scrutiny by the millions watching.

Be human, give her a break, critics act like witnesses are begging to testify; I guarantee less than 1/2 of 1% of the populace feels that way.

7. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Amen to that, qt. I'm thrilled if I get a witness to act like I want them and to say what we prepared...

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But it's way more fun to laugh at black people.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn, guys. Can't we have a discussion about ANYTHING without this crap?

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's only one thing on this thread that's predictable, and there's a lot of it by the usual characters.

http://globalgrind.com/news/what-white-people-dont-understand-about-rachel-jeantel-trayvon-martin-blog

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

By "wanting to help" I assume the author means "say anything to hang the 'cracker' even if it isn't true." Because the star witness has already been caught changing her story more than once.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.