1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zimmerman trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

You won't be hearing Nancy Grace talk about this, she only cares about pretty blonde white girls who go missing

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Her testimony was painful to watch. Even more painful were the "analysts" trying to defend her, saying she was just "keeping it real" and that she was doing a great job. If I'm the defense, I'm celebrating.

Personally, from what I've read (not listening to what they're saying on TV), I don't think there's a chance Zimmerman gets convicted. He's got a pretty solid self-defense case, based solely on the facts.

Now, the civil trial that will follow? He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting out of there without having to spend the rest of his life paying Martin's family.

3. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

If the prosecution had to put her on because she was all they had, they might as well drop the charges right now. That was a total fiasco.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Haha, she's black and fat and talks funny! What a disgrace!

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK, that's funny.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Is that what you got out of it? Because that's not what I got out of it. I got that she couldn't get her story straight. She copped an attitude, rolled her eyes and was dismissive of the questions.

I got that she's not very smart, which is kind of an issue when it's your STAR witness. I got that a lot of her testimony was speculative, because she wasn't physically there and admittedly was preoccupied fixing her hair.

She could have been white, thin and spoke with a british accent (which I find funny too), and I'd still think the same of her TESTIMONY.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually it's sad that so many people who want this guy lynched think it's perfectly acceptable to put a lying piece of shit on the stand as the star witness.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Shouldn't you be on the politics thread cracking on Mexican lawnmowers?

You're not really in a position to call anyone else a piece of shit.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Miss Utah doesn't think its funny when you make fun of the way people talk.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's what I got out of the posts here.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck you.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Neither does Cindy Brady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.