1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zija -- Anyone here ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 5, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My God.

It's not about the product. There is no product.

Do you really think a handful of people living within an hour's drive of Ogden, Utah miraculously discover these wonder products time and time again?

It's a scheme. They all are. It's a pyramid scheme with an underlying product that helps people believe and keeps the feds off their back. But, it's not about the product.

If this was really some incredible product, we'd all know about it by now. And, they wouldn't need you to sell it for them.

But, if you won't take my advice, or other here, then take IJAG's.

She knows you. And what she says strikes me as true. Based on your posts here, I think you will be heart broken the first time you lose a friend because of this.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This has become my favorite thread on SportsJournalists.com. Filled with high comedy, and I'm learning things as well.

3. YankeeFan

I could teach you a lot if you'd pay more attention. :)

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

If you are not pushy or super decisive, you will hate sales. And I mean hate.

5. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I heard this stuff fixed smallpotatoes' transmissiony.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

We've already been over that, Mark. It's definitely the green stuff. The good kind.

7. TheSportsPredictor

I do appreciate your responses on this thread. I also enjoyed learning that Orrin Hatch is involved in validating this scam industry. The Penn & Teller videos were fun to watch as well. One of them even implies it's illegal to call something like this a pyramid scheme.

8. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Lubricated is lubricated.

9. YankeeFan

I didn't watch the videos.

The Hatch stuff is pretty wild isn't it? Amazing what one guy can slip into legislation when no one else is watching and/or no one else cares.

And, it just goes to show how easy it is to buy influence. A guy like Hatch should be embarrassed, but he won't be. He would just say he was fighting for his constituents and to "bring jobs to Utah" or some damn shit like that.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Here's something I haven't shared with anyone except some of my closest friends: I've heard all kinds of success stories with this stuff -- people that have lowered their blood sugar, gotten off medications they've taken all their lives, lost weight and kept it off -- and have put off trying it for myself over the last few years since it first cropped up in my area.

There was one guy -- don't know him well, only have seen him around town -- in my hometown who lost over 100 pounds after he started taking the stuff. And he's kept it off over the last two years. I'm a big dude, and I've tried many diets/fads/whatever to lose weight. None of it's worked. Maybe that's my own fault; I don't know.

I wanted to be like that guy and others, but I knew everything else I had tried eventually failed. Then I talked to my friend, and he told me about countless who have lost 100-plus pounds with help from this stuff. He offered to start me out with over $150 worth of stuff from the company -- the drink mix, a tea that's supposed to cleanse your system and a month's worth of a fat-burning/appetite suppressant pill.

He's willing to let me try it, no strings attached, and see what happens over the next several days. If I don't want to keep going after a few days, he said that's OK -- no hard feelings, or so he says. Maybe I've got my hopes up too much, thinking this is sort of a cure-all.

Honestly, I'm at the end of my rope with my weight issue. I don't know where else to turn, don't know what else to do. I watched Extreme Makeover on Sunday night and watched as a guy lost, IIRC, 200 pounds in a year's time. That's what I want, and maybe this will help get me there. If not, I haven't lost any money out of my own pocket -- or lost any friends and other relationships trying to pawn the stuff to them.

God, I hope this makes as much as sense as it did while I was typing it out.

11. TheSportsPredictor

You know what the biggest indicator that someone will weigh more in two years than they do now? That they are on a diet.

The only way to say or get fit is proper eating and physical activity. I don't call it diet and exercise because I believe it is a lifestyle you need to maintain, not just eat a certain way for a little while. Physical activity can be lots of things -- shoveling snow, raking leaves, carrying boxes around. Start calling it exercise and maybe you won't like to do it as much. But if it's just part of what you do, staying active, then it becomes part of your life. Take walks, throw a football around, anything that makes you sweat and gets the heart rate up.

You start by getting into the proper mindset. Drink water and take a walk around the block or around your yard. I bet it's equally or more effective than drinking this stuff.

12. YankeeFan

KY, I'd really like you to achieve the success you want.

And, if you take a long term outlook, you can. A year is a long time in some ways, very short in others.

To lose 100lbs in a year, it only takes two pounds per week. That's not a lot for a big guy. The hard part is keeping it up.

There are no miracles. This Zija shit isn't what's going to do it for you.

The best way to do it is to just start. The feeling you get when you drop those first 10lbs can motivate you to keep it up.

If you're willing to take it slow and steady, you just need to eat a little less, a little better, and exercise a little more.

To think one product is going to solve your weight issues and your financial issues is too much to believe -- to good to be true.

One day at a time. Focus on one, small achievement every day.

Getting involved in this will not work. It just won't. I don't say this to dash your hopes. Your hopes will be dashed by getting involved in it.

And, if you get your hopes dashed by it, you'll be in a worse place than you are now.

If it's the weight that is really holding you back and ruining your confidence, concentrate on that. Fuck this Zija shit.

Join a group or seek support for just the wight issue. When you accomplish this goal, your confidence will be sky high and other problems will be easy to overcome.

A year will have gone by in a blink of an eye.

Go for it. Losing weight will improve your life in so many ways.

You'll be healthier. You'll have more energy, more stamina, more confidence.

This is what you need to do. it's been an underlying issue in your posts for years now. Focus on this.

You can do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted