1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zija -- Anyone here ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 5, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No one has lost money on this since it began a few years ago.

And there are at least 100 others in my hometown -- maybe less -- who are selling it. None of them have lost any money.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Then go for it. Might turn out to be fun and invigorating. Just don't put any of your own money out.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

After you get rich with this I have some land to sell you.

Why ask for advice when you have your mind made up?

4. KYSportsWriter

I haven't. I even told my friend today I just want to try the stuff before I go all-in. He understood and said that was fine. The door is open if I ever want to cross that threshold.

And IJAG, I saw that thread. There are some Zija advocates on that thread, including a few of my former teachers who are in the company. Some of the negative stuff posted is laughable, some of it is legit.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

KY, I think you're swell. But you believe everything (which is a lot like me, so it's not a knock, just an observation). Did you talk to each of those people who are selling? Or did you trust the one guy who suckered you in and told you no one has lost money? because there are a lot of people on the thread I linked earlier who have lost money. And if 100 people are already selling, the market gets decidedly smaller.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Believe what you want. You obviously think there's potential. OK. Go for it.

In Chicago, I think there are two companies distributing Budweiser.

But, I'm sure you're little neck of the woods in Podunk, KY can support 100 people selling this product.

Did you look at IJAG's link? It's the same thing that's being said here.

Even the pro-Zija comments are the same: "I know someone who got of there meds because of it." "My doctor is using it now." LOL

So, who are you going to sell this stuff too? Are your friends and family going to buy it from you? Will they "join your team" and sell it?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Look, some people here don't buy into my opinions about having your own "brand".

But if you do, let me tell you something. You will ruin it the day you sign up to sell this shit.

People here have already related stories of broken friendships because of this kind of thing.

You will be defined by it. You will be the annoying guy at best. The sucker at worst. Is that what you want your "brand" to say about you?

Concentrate your energies where they can be productive. This is a waste of time. You'll be lucky if you don't lose money. You surely will lose time and friends.

8. imjustagirl

KY, here's what I know about you: You are loyal to your friends. You love them desperately. You're also not pushy, or super decisive. You are defensive.

Those four things, together, make this not a good fit for you. Even if it's a great opportunity for others. What works for one doesn't work for another.

Please, just consider YOU in this opportunity instead of just the opportunity.

9. KYSportsWriter

Yes, I have talked to some of them -- those I've known the majority of my life and I trust. And they've all told me the same things.

And YF, I read the thread last night. The fact that it's posted on Topix is a joke in and of itself. I haven't bought anything; I told my buddy I didn't have -- and won't have -- the money needed to buy more of the stuff for a while. But he gave me some of the stuff to try over the next few weeks, and I intend to do at least that for now.

I haven't shelled out any of my money. I just want to see what the stuff does, and I'm going to talk to a family friend who's a doctor and see what she thinks.

10. KYSportsWriter

I am, or at least trying to. I told my friend I was having second thoughts about joining the "team," and he understood that. He told me to come talk to him when I was ready for that step -- assuming I ever get that far.

11. imjustagirl

That's just ridiculous. Does this thread mean nothing because it's posted on SJ?

I don't like you as much when you get in these moods.

12. KYSportsWriter

Just saying based on experience reading other things posted on that forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted