1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zija -- Anyone here ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 5, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My dad has gotten big into selling this stuff. The bad news is he saturates his Facebook with sales pitches. The good news is that he has a little less time to stalk me on there or post whatever the tea party talking points of the day may be.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When people lose weight on this type of product, it is because they also follow the prescribed diet. Perhaps Zija serves as the catalyst to good eating habits. I doubt you could guzzle Zija, maintain your same diet and lose weight.

Perhaps getting involved in this gives you a focus and a reason to lose weight. That is the reason you should get into this venture. Making money would be a bonus.

You mentioned that the bossman would front you $150 of product. Have you figured out what your monthly costs would be after that? You need to do a pro forma of your projected sales and costs. Figure out how many sales you have to make to break even monthly.

Since in effect you are in you own business, there might be some tax benefits such as deducting some of your car costs, office supplies, ect. People with sharp accountants have figured out ways to offset their other sources of income by showing paper loses on the self employed side. Obviously you would need to consult with a tax adviser and keep good track of your expenses. If you do start making money you could even set up a tax sheltered retirement plan.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

KY, I know you want to lose weight. But as Moddy says it comes from changing your lifestyle, not from any quick fix.

I've dropped the weight twice, and that's how it happened. Although I yearn for the days where I could run and not have my knees hurt, and when I could drop 20 pounds in a month because my metabolism rocked.

Speaking of weight loss ... just signed up for My Fitness Pal. I'm probably way late on this bandwagon. They have a neat BlackBerry app (presumably Droid/iPhone ones, too) and it helps me keep in perspective while I'm on the road where I'm going with food, exercise, etc. It's stuff I know already, but it's good to have it entered elsewhere and not have to carry a notepad to write it all down.

As far as making money on some wonderful "business opportunity" ... also not a quick fix. But I'm guessing you've figured that out.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have. I'm not going to do it. I drank some of the stuff today just to see what it was like, and it gave me a headache I still haven't been able to get rid of. That's it. I'm done with the stuff, no matter what my friend says to try and convince me otherwise.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

No offense, KY, but the cure-all properties you claim of this ...

[​IMG]

... sound exactly like the claims of these from a bygone era ...

[​IMG]

And that's just the claim the product makes. Your investment "opportunity" sounds even more damaging.

Run away. Don't be a sucker.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Now, if you can get the cocaine toothache drops franchise, you'll be in business, KY

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's too bad I turned down legal cocaine when I opted for general anesthetic instead of a local one when I had my septoplasty.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wouldn't regular cocaine give you the septoplasty without the danger of surgery?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm out. Told my friend today I want nothing to do with Zija anymore.

10. ARR

ARR New Member

You mean I went through five pages on this thread only to see a logical, happy ending? Dammit.... I mean, good job. And best of luck in the personal growth arena.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess you don't want be rich.

Just joking... Good move on your part.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

*exhales*

Good on you, KY.

Draft saved Draft deleted