1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zija -- Anyone here ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 5, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

For the last two or three years in my community, people have been buying and selling this stuff called Zija -- a health drink of sorts. The company has really taken off in my area. The guy who brought it here has since retired from teaching and coaching, and a couple other teachers in the area have been able to retire and focus all their energy on the product.

I know all of the people in my community who have been selling it, and they've tried to get me to jump aboard and join them. Being as stubborn as I am, I put it off -- until now. A former teacher of mine got me to "sign up" today. This teacher is making well over $4,000 week -- more than what he makes per month teaching -- and the guy who brought the stuff to the area is one of the top sellers in the world.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time about this opportunity. I'm excited because of the potential for some extra income, and nervous that I won't know what I'm doing and somehow screw it all up.

Anyone got any advice?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Don't put any money out upfront to "get into" the business. Sounds like another example of multi level markteting destin to fail.

By any chance is the company HQ in Ogden Utah?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No money needed up front.

And yeah, I believe it's in Ogden.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Get out now.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As long as you don't have to lay out a nickle of your own money than all you have to lose is your time.

Ogden is the capitol of multi level marketing schemes gone astray.

6. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

Sounds like you've already missed out on being the first in your area, which means you don't have a chance to make any money, even if there ever was a chance.

Also, don't believe what people tell you. Even if they believe it themselves, we all have ways of lying to ourselves and letting our brain shade things in ways that we want to believe. I doubt very much the teacher is making a net profit of $1,000/month.

At the very best, what a company like this is doing is outsourcing all of the risk to you while reaping the profits from your sales.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's probably not a good sign that when I started typing Zija into Google it said, the first option it gave me was "ZIJA SCAM"

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about the Giants' pitcher.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'll bet you $20 this is a pyramid scheme.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Uh oh

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Of course it is, just now they call it multi level marketing

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My advice is you shouldn't have listened to Margene when she was pitching Gojo Blast to you, because it will just wreck your family in the long run. And it won't help kids in Africa after all.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted