1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zidane's mother: Wants "Materazzi's balls on a platter"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hed bust, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

ah yes.........more great use of the quote function.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"On Sunday he received the usual shouts of 'baldie' from Italian defenders."

I really really hope that was what put Zidane over the edge.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'd take Sharapova's tits on a paper plate, myself.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Thanks, Jeffrey Dahmer II.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And this just in:

PARIS — French soccer star Zinedine Zidane apologized for head-butting an Italian opponent during the World Cup final, saying Wednesday that he was provoked by insults about his mother and sister.
    "I apologize to all the children" who watched the match Sunday, Zidane said in his first comments about the act of violence that marked the end of his career.

Zidane did not specify exactly what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said that enraged him, but that it was insulting to his sister and mother.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I love it.

"At least he has his honour." Sure, dunce. It's wholly honourable to head-butt one's opponent in the biggest game with all the world watching. Logic like this from his idiot mommy is why a 34-year-old man can't control his temper with everything at stake. .

I've also realized why the French went quietly in the shootout. Once they fell behind in Germany against Italy, they were looking around for the U.S. to bail them out again instead of continuing to fight.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Saving Materazzi's Privates?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Guess we know where Zidane learned that temper, huh?

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Clearly, slamming a guy's mother or sister is less than cool. But if that's what set him off, how long would Zidane last in any of the NFL, NBA, or NHL?

Draft saved Draft deleted