1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zeppelin returns, apparently triumphantly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Heard a bootleg of "Good Times Bad Times" from last night. So/so audience recording, but the band sounds in good form and Page rips off a great solo. (And his solo on that record is my fave Page solo.)

2. bubbler --
    But the Zep was in my demographic wheelhouse. The first album came out when I was still in high school. The frenzy hit while I was still in college. They just never moved me. I have a feeling that it has something to do with following The Who from '65 on might have something to do with it.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Do the stadium tour route this summer, Led Zep, and we'll all be there.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For those that use Dime to do their BitTorrent sharing, the show is up there:
    http://www.dimeadozen.org//torrents-details.php?id=174419
    As of the time I'm posting this message (12:12 AM EST)
    1176 seeder(s), 1805 leecher(s)

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

I saw them at MSG (twice) and the Spectrum.

After watching the youtube clips, I'd probably plunk down and go.

Jason Bonham is nowhere near as acrobatic as his dad, but he provides sufficient energy. Bonzo just played the skins like a lead instrument.

Page was amazing, from the clips I saw. I was concerned about Plant, but he conserved his voice well, and let it out as needed.

Of course he's not going to scream out the way he used to.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I bought my share of Led Zep records, too. I think I bought their entire catalog for a penny via Columbia House.

Having seen folks like VH, The Police, etc in their heyday, I'm very anti-money-grubbing reunion tours. I'd make an exception here. If they do tour, I firmly believe it would be one tour and done, vs. The Eagles, who are on what-their 44th reunion tour?

At 59, Plant's the youngest. That's three decades younger than the Stones, but still...

BTW-Bonham and Keith Moon were the best rock drummers of that era (Peart coming in a few years afterward).

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

To illustrate westcoastvol's point, here's a video I found on Youtube I'd never seen before. Right there with the great Danish TV footage as far as Zep at their best.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

XM's devoted a whole new channel (59) to Zep. 24-7. Pretty cool.

And I hear Pallister's a closet Cannibal Corpse fan, too :D

9. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Wouldn't you show your copy of Al Jarreau's "Heart's Horizon" to your kids instead?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What? I'll show 'em your face is more like it! :D

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Why is it that my area can only attract Keith Urban, Ozzy Osbourne, but not Zepp? :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Keith Urban and Ozzy Osbourne are touring together?

Draft saved Draft deleted