1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zeke, you are a genius.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jul 25, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just wanted to publicly point out that Zeke12, my new hero, is a culinary genius.

Last night, after a week of waiting for the right combination of time and hunger, I prepared myself macaroni and cheese with three big spoonfuls of salsa, and it was incredible. It's easily the best meal I've made myself this year. (Though I'm not sure it says a whole lot for my culinary abilities.)

The first bite was amazing, and it only got better. Before I knew it, the entire plate of mac, salsa and cheese -- the whole box minus the cardboard -- was gone. From now on, salsa will always be on my shelf ... right next to the mac and cheese.

I can't wait to make it for friends. I just need to find some friends, and that'll happen.

So, thank you, Zeke. I can now fully turn my attention toward to the Potatoes O'Brian.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Keep the salsa in the fridge.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, now that it's opened, that's where it'll hide. But I've got a bigger jar on the shelf. I'm a happy boy.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. With that recipe, Zeke's gotta be right up there with Chef Boy-ar-dee!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow! This is some fucking amazing shit!
    Next recipe: Mixing tuna fish salad with ... dill pickle relish!

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Actually, my father once made some tuna fish (he usually uses relish, along with some other stuff you wouldn't think of) and brought it down to his aunt-in-law. She's a former caterer, BTW.

She RAVED about his tuna fish.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just FYI, Mikey. Salsa makes everything better ... except maybe cottage cheese.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

My favorite bachelor pre-packaged food "recipe" is a can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed, cooked in enchilada sauce from a can. !Arriba!

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I can top Zeke's mac and cheese with salsa: Mac and cheese with Ro-tel. Book it.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Tuna salad without sweet relish is not tuna salad.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I concur.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Mikey, I don't know if they sell Mrs. Renfro's salsas up there in Yankee Land, but if you ever see it, buy it. It's the best salsa you can get off the shelf.

Draft saved Draft deleted