1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zednik cuts his jugular!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rube, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It got me a day off from school. Was eating breakfast when CNN showed the replay. Got white as a goast and felt sick. Suckered mustardmom into letting me stay home.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, at least there was one feel-good story.

Good quick thinkin' mustard. :)

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Malarchuk.

WATCH. AT. YOUR. OWN. RISK.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I figured something good had to come out of it.

What really got me, though, and this is strictly off memory because I haven't watched it since (even though I just posted the youtube) is that there was such a delayed reaction before you saw the ... you get the picture.

I remember that CNN gave the typical look-away warning, which served only to get me even more interested, and thinking ... not so bad ... not so bad ... not so bad ... not so ... HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is, without a doubt, the most gruesome sports injury ever.

Nothing comes even close.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

I don't ever have to see that clip again. The once 20 years ago was enough for me.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I searched for it. Clicked on it. And immediately closed the window. Thought about just listening. Went back to it. And immediately closed it again.

No way I want any part of it. I never thought I was all that squeamish ... guess that's where I draw the line, though.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Green's absolutely right, though. How many times have you seen a guy get hurt and just crumple to the ice.

It's amazing he had the presence of mind to bust ass to get to the bench. And maybe just as amazing he made it there.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Man for man, they were a lot tougher 20 years ago ...

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've seen the Joe Theismann injury. That's as much as I want to see. Those two injuries you mentioned sound so gruesome I don't want to see them.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Buffalo News is reporting that he's still in intensive care at Buffalo General Hospital and will be monitored closely through the day.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And maybe, by busting ass to get to the bench, he saved his own life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.