1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zambrano and Barrett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rambler, Jun 1, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Great, great time to buy Z low in fantasy right now. Also, he's alternated his last four or five starts this way: shit, great, shit, great, shit ...

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Get rid of them both and get Jacque Jones and Matt Murton out of there too ... Everybody seems to love Barrett, but he's not even a servicable Major League catcher at times. It also amazes me that Barrett seems to have all this fight when it comes to something like the A.J. situation and this situation but he never seems to bring that fight to the field or to the plate. You know, the places that it actually matters.
    Derrek Lee is one of the only players that's worth a damn on that team.

3. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Linda Cohn just said on SportsCenter that Barrett ended up with a cut lip (which needed stitches) and two black eyes, and that he was sent flying into a locker. Zambrano is a bad-ass. Completely and utterly insane, but a bad-ass.

4. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Headline suggestion: Assaultin' battery

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If this is what happens when you get frustrated while working for TribCorp ... okay, that was too obvious.

Hey Doc --- nice ballclub. :D Okay, that was too obvious.

Who will Lou go after first when he cracks thanks to the strain --- one of his players or a member of the media?

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Outstanding. :D

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Thanks, Buck. The newsroom nearly gave me a standing ovation. I was pretty damn proud of myself, if you don't mind me saying.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Did Zambrano spit on Barrett at the end of the dugout confrontation?

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

1) Zambrano is a psychotic douche bag. Win a damn Cy Young, win a championship or throw a no-hitter before you become a prima motherfuckin' donna.

2) Pallister, Mayfly and FishHack oughta go into Witness Protection once IJAG reads the digs you made on her boy Barrett.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Two assholes fighting, on a Triple-A team.

Lou, you took the money . . . now you have to dance the dance.

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

You'd lose that bet my friend.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Great headline.

Alfonso Soriano: "I want to go somewhere I can win."

Suck that, big guy. Enjoy Chicago.

Draft saved Draft deleted