1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zagat's surveys have lost all credibility with me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 19, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sometime last fall, I had a Thickburger from Hardees -- I think it was Hardees anyway -- and that damn thing was GOOD! Real good. Very pleasantly surprised. Of course, I had to take a pound of lettuce and tomato off before I ate it, but that thing was nice.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Hardee's ... specify "no mayonnaise." I think they dump a quarter-jar of mayo on your burger if you don't specify.

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

And the Six-Dollar Burger is really only like 3 bucks! Now THAT'S value. :D
    If I'm eating a fast-food burger, and it doesn't happen often, I'd prefer it be from Hardee's.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Must beg to differ. I have a Hardee's less than a block from my homestead and since they stopped serving chicken a couple of years ago, the only thing I've purchased there are their biscuits.

To each his/her own, I guess.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I worked at Hardee's right after high school when they still had chicken, roast beef and burgers.

I took about 10 minutes to bread a batch of the chicken and another 20 to fry it. Each batch was about 48 pieces and would be good for about 2 hours.

48 pieces was about the only amount of chicken you were guaranteed not to sell in that two-hour period. You wouldn't even come close. Either one little old lady would be a two-piece meal, or you'd rip through the chicken in 15 minutes and have some guy yelling at you for not having more ready when he got there.

In conclusion, I hate Hardee's chicken.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Rick: Good stuff. I knew they would be discounting the chicken near closing time each night, so I would hit the drive thru about then.

Don't blame you in the least, considering your insight.

Draft saved Draft deleted