1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zack Hample: Still delusional, still pathetic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 2, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes, he did.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God, how did I miss that?

The perfect storm of douchebaggery: PY36's pic with "This is what body sculpting will get you" as the tagline.

3. Wow.

I don't know what else to say.

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I hadn't heard of the guy until now, but i'm impressed with his glove with a rubber band and sharpie trick to snag balls on the field.

It's about 2 minutes in.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

That cracked me up.

But I have a question: If this guy's a loser, what does that make a guy who reads his blog and copies and pastes information from it to other Web sites? :)

6. a bitter young dickhead.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And still having articles written about him:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20080628/ca_pr_on_ba/bbl_chasing_baseballs

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The money quotes are at the end of the story:

He also counts playing classic video games as a passion, and holds records in Arkanoid and Breakout.

"I like to take things to extremes," he said. "Sometimes I'm like, 'What if I used all this energy and learned the stock market?' I would be a billionaire. Fortunately, this is what has gotten my interest."

Hample views his mounting collection (3,494) as if he's moving up major league's career hits list. He's closing in on Hall of Famer Tris Speaker (3,514) at No. 5 and hopes to soon pass Pete Rose (4,256).

"I feel like I should be out there with those guys - it's a crime that I'm not," he said. "I always wonder, if these guys weren't major leaguers, what would they be doing? I'm the answer to my own question."

Maybe he should use some of that energy toward getting a life.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

As much of a douchenozzle this guy is, at least he doesn't mind giving a couple to some of the kids...

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just then, Rockies reliever Manny Corpas picked up a ball and Hample leaned over the railing, yelling for it in Spanish: "Dame la bola, por favour!"

Corpas smiled and tossed it to a kid instead.

"A lot of players would rather give them to kids," Hample said. "If I get them to give it to me, I feel like I've won a battle there."

::)

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Yeah I saw that, but I thought there was something that said he ended up giving a couple to a kid or two who had a glove on... still a douchenozzle.

12. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I just watched that video and fully expected him to tackle that kid when he picked up the ball from the seats.

Please, buddy - don't ever let me meet you.

Draft saved Draft deleted